►Add a New Event
►See all Events
GLF Africa 2021: Restoring Africa’s Drylands - Accelerating Action On the Ground
Conferences & Exhibitions
Want to explore solutions with experts, activists, practitioners and community members to drylands degradation in Africa? Join GLF Africa: Restoring Africa's Drylands on 2-3 June 2021 just before the launch of the UN Decade on Ecosystem Restoration. This digital conference will have inspiring speakers, the latest science, concerts, film screenings, virtual tours, networking, and unexpected discoveries that are part of a Global Landscapes Forum event. Tickets are free for everyone living in Africa.
Did you know? Almost half of Africa's surface is categorized as drylands, according to the Food and Agriculture Organization of the UN (FAO). Restoring Africa's drylands is essential to the food security and livelihood of more than 525 million people living in this rich land that provides food, fodder, fiber and fuel while sequestering tons of carbon yearly.
Join GLF Africa and…
- Get connected to local experience and the highest levels of global policy.
- Help bridge the distance between actors, sectors and scales.
- Share knowledge on drylands restoration and identify knowledge gaps.
- Learn what tools and practices are needed to effectively reverse our global history of ecosystem degradation.
- Act to combat further deterioration, bending the curve towards net positive restoration across Africa and beyond.
Who is this event for? Practitioners, farmer organizations, Indigenous Peoples, community leaders, researchers, policymakers, financial investors, global and regional media, private sector, civil society organizations, interest groups, youth groups, activists, conservation and development organizations who are engaged in dryland restoration in Africa. Or just anyone who is interested!