Thursday, Oct 7, 10:00-12:00 am CEST
1. Click on "Insert" in the edit toolbar and on "Table".
3. Choose your desired table properties.
4. Click "OK" and the table will be displayed.
Changing the Table Properties
Right click on the table to get the following options.
- Delete or insert cells, rows and columns etc.
- "Merge Right" (or left) to merge two cells to one.
- Change the colour of a cell: "Cell" -> "Cell Properties" -> "Background Colour"
- Change basic table properties: Click “Table properties“.
You can of course also create a table in the wiki text but this is not that easy. However, once you know what you are doing it is a comfortable tool for editing tables.
If you are interested, see here or just create one with the editor and see what changes in WikiText result in.
Some basic explanations:
- Cellspacing describes the space between the cells in the tables in pixels
- Cellpadding describes the space between the cells' borders and the text inside them
- Width describes the tables width. Note that it is possible to give cells a specific width which will be used for all the cells in a column.
Import Tables from Excel
It is also possible to import existing Excel tables into energypedia. Here, you can find a detailed description of the Excel to wiki import.