Yeah! Your beloved energypedia has a new look and design. We have updated the software so that the new energypedia is responsive and more user-friendly. Have a look at the platform and if you encounter any bugs or page distortions, please send them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Market for PicoPV
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.
The market for PicoPV systems is constantly growing:
- More than 100 firms are offering PicoPV products in developing countries today and new products are introduced almost daily.
- Additionally, a fast growth is expected due to the fact, that a decrease of prices for solar components, such as solar panels and LED's is forecasted.
- With regard to the huge demand for mobile phones in developing countries, almost a solar boom is expected in order to recharge the mobile phones with additional applications. Furthermore, additional applications, such as refrigerators and small TV's will increase attractiveness of PicoPV systems.
The following articles give an overview of the recent market and activities for a further market development:
- iidevelopment. 2010. GTZ Solar Lamps Field Test Uganda.FINAL REPORT.
- Sun connect. 2010. Rural Electrification with Photovoltaics