| Company Description
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation that applies practical knowledge to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our top-notch expertise in agriculture, energy and WASH to local contexts. SNV has over 1250 staff in more than 25 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organisation that uses project financing to implement our mission. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence.
In its new Strategic Plan period (2019 – 2022), SNV will more explicitly aim for structural change and scale in its programmes, as well as bringing knowledge and initiatives from different programmes together at country level to contribute to systems’ change. We will continue to position ourselves as a learning organisation striving for excellence and invest in making knowledge flow to and from the frontline. For more information on SNV, visit our website: www.snv.org
Background of assignment
SNV in Lao PDR is considering providing technical assistance in support to the Lao PDR National Nutrition Strategy and Plan of Action (NPAN). The project aims to contribute to reducing malnutrition in Lao PDR, particularly of the women, children and disadvantaged groups in the Lao PDR by improving the cohesion and harmonisation of sector policies and strategies to the National Nutrition Policy and Strategy.
SNV in Lao PDR seeks a qualified nutrition policy expert in order to contribute to the improvement and harmonization of sector policies and strategies to National Nutrition Strategy.
The International Expert will have overall responsibility for supporting the government institutions in improving the cohesion and harmonization of sector policies and strategies to the National Nutrition Policy and Strategy. The Expert will be embedded in the National Nutrition Committee Secretariat and will work in close synergy with UNICEF and other stakeholders to support development of policy papers on the gender-nutrition links, amongst others, in order to promote the mainstreaming of cross-cutting issues.
4. Key Responsibilities
- Strengthen collaborative relationship with National Nutrition Committee Secretariat, Line Ministries, and provincial and district authorities and other stakeholders including Development partners.
- Identify policy issues in consultation with the NNC-S, UNICEF and the stakeholders
- Manage the development and dissemination of policy papers including gender and cross-cutting issues.
- Overall programme set-up and design, development and implementation of the Nutrition component;
- Account and report to the donor and consortium partners on programme performance and progress;
- Monitor and ensure performance of the programme and ensure that all milestones are met according to donor requirements, develop mitigation plans to reduce setbacks and take corrective actions to remedy any deviation from work plan(s);
- Overall management of resources allocated to the project;
- Master’s degree in one of the following fields: nutrition, public health, governance, or any other field related to the policy environment
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in nutrition and policy studies;
- Proven experience in carrying out policy research and organization of policy dialogues with the multi-stakeholder
- At least 5 years of professional experience in managing/supporting central and sub-national government authorities in developing, implementing and monitoring their sectoral plan on nutrition
- At least one concrete example of experience in developing a policy papers to contribute in the national strategy.
- Experience in SE Asia, preferably in Lao PDR;
- Excellent command of English in speaking and writing;
- Excellent computer skills
Terms of Appointment
. Contract under Dutch legislation with International benefit package
· .This position is for two-year period with the possibility of renewal based on performance and funding.
· The position is based in Vientiane Capital, Lao PDR.
Working at SNV
SNV offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. We offer a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and international working environment. Our staff benefits from, and contribute to, an internal and global network of experts. For more information, please visit our website: www.snv.org
We will require that you provide us with full details of three people who are willing to act as a referee. We will not contact these referees without your explicit permission.
How to Apply?
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by uploading your CV and letter of motivation before 9th of December 2020 by clicking on the link: I'm interested'.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Should SNV wish to proceed with your application, two interviews with the Selection Committee will take place.
SNV is an equal opportunities employer and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement -