Revision as of 10:01, 17 July 2017 by ***** (***** | *****)
► For an overview on the whole report please refer to following page: Community Rural Electrification Programme (CREP) Nepal - Report.
Training of Trainers for Electrical Safety Awareness
Objective: It was found that most of the electricity consumers were unaware of its safe use. As a result, there were many electrical accidents in the rural community. Realizing this, it was necessary to implement a program that would help in raising awareness on a consumer level. Hence, training of trainers has been conducted so that with the few basics of electricity safety knowledge, major seen fire and life hazardous in the community could be significantly minimized. The specific objectives of these trainings are as follows:
- To provide fundamental knowledge of electricity,
- To impart knowledge of electrical safety,
- To enable participants to conduct awareness campaigns on electrical safety at consumer levels.
Financial Management and Accounting Training
Objective: The Major objective of the training is to impart best practice methods to maintain efficient and transparent accounting and tools for financial management of CREEs. The specific objectives of these trainings are as follows:
- To develop the transparent and systematic management system for the community Organization.
- To provide knowledge on accounting rules & regulations by double Entry System.
- This training will enable the participants to prepare and maintain different main and subsidiary account books.
- To introduce software called RAS with the objective of motivating the community to use the computer system for keeping the accounts in future.
Organizational Development, Financial Planning and Leadership Development Training
Objective: The major objective of the training is to promote organisation development and good practice of financial management of Executive members of Community Rural Electrification Entities (CREE) involved in community rural electrification. Specific objectives are:
- To impart knowledge on different aspects of electricity distribution
- To make aware management aspects of rural electrification system.
- To make the community aware about different types of possible end-uses in the village.
- To enhance technical capabilities
Objective: Operation and maintenance of low voltage distribution systems are being carried out by technicians with very limited technical knowledge or without any skilled training. Hence, the objective of the training program was to provide technical skills to the participants so that they can operate, maintain and carry out further extension of electricity distribution systems efficiently. This training has been conducted to make them more aware and trained on operation and maintenance of low voltage distribution systems.
The specific objectives of these trainings were as follows:
- To provide fundamental knowledge of electricity,
- To make technicians well informed about construction and safety standards of distribution system,
- To impart knowledge on usage of tools and safety equipments,
- To enable participants to work independently on low voltage distribution lines for operation, maintenance and extension.
Objectives: to help communities in creating employment opportunities by enhancing their capacities, skills to do house wiring for their community or for business purposes. This will allow them to work independently and become self-sustained. More specifically the objectives are as follows:
- To introduce the community to theoretical as well as practical knowledge of house-wiring.
- To make community aware of uses of house-wiring and its skills.
- To make community capable of designing and implementing house wiring properly in their village and organizations.
- To train the community to impart their knowledge and skill to other villagers who are interested in learning house-wiring skills.
Training for Promotion of Productive End-Use of Electricity
Objective: The main aim of this training was to help communities in creating employment opportunities by enhancing their capacities such asskills to run various electricity-based small businesses. Another aim of the project is to encourage the community to maximize electricity consumption for the sustainability of rural electrification project.
More specifically the objectives are as follows:
- To introduce the community to productive end use and its importance for rural electrification.
- To make the community aware about different types of end uses.
- To train the community on the identification of different end uses based on the raw material available, market situation, human resource available and financial resources.
- To train the community about the financial management to establish different business.
- To impart knowledge on the economic analysis of the business.
This is part of a condensed report on the Community Rural Electrification Programme (CREP) in Nepal. For an overview on the whole report please refer to following page: CREP - Report.