Policy Advisor, Drawdown Lift
Policy Advisor, Drawdown Lift
- United States of America
Project Drawdown is seeking a passionate, committed, and experienced individual to join the Drawdown Lift team. The person in this new role will be a key member of Drawdown Lift and will lead/assist in policy advocacy and writing projects that support and advance our work to scale climate solutions that meet the magnitude of the climate crisis and human development needs. Building off our landmark Climate-Poverty Connections report (launched in March 2022), we are focused on amplifying the impact of the report and Drawdown Lift’s work through building meaningful relationships with influential individuals and institutions to increase engagement in and commitments to climate solutions that generate substantial co-benefits for human well-being.
The position will report to the Director of Drawdown Lift.
This candidate will be a skilled policy advisor and consensus builder who understands and appreciates the complexity and value of public funding to support nationally informed global climate and sustainable development goals. We seek candidates who are passionate about intentional relationship building and interdisciplinary work and have direct experience working across sectors to advance solutions to global challenges. Candidates will be committed to collaborations focused on the nexus of climate solutions, climate finance, poverty alleviation, and human well-being.
This position is an ideal opportunity for someone with knowledge of and interest in the connections between climate mitigation, climate adaptation, and poverty alleviation, strong skills in communicating evidence (written and orally) to decisionmakers, and experience engaging with policymakers, decision makers, and local stakeholders. We seek candidates who understand the case for climate mitigation solutions as critical investments for poverty alleviation, particularly for human well-being dimensions around income and work, ecosystem conservation, health, food security, and gender equality. The candidate will understand the importance of data as the foundation of sound policies and will create advocacy materials that integrate evidence on complex climate-poverty concepts into accessible, compelling formats and messages.
The ideal candidate will be self-driven and thrive in a highly collaborative setting, with experience successfully working in low- and middle-income country contexts. We especially welcome applicants who will have working fluency in both English and other language(s) from the Africa or South Asia region.
As a small organization with a big mission, the Policy Advisor, Drawdown Lift will need to work with independence and self-direction yet thrive in a team environment to lead and manage simultaneous projects, meet deadlines, and contribute to achieving Lift team objectives.
Project Drawdown welcomes people of all backgrounds, identities, and beliefs to join us in helping the world reach drawdown quickly, safely, and equitably. We are a 100% remote organization based in the U.S.; candidates must possess U.S. work authorization.
Essential Responsibilities The Policy Advisor, Drawdown Lift position will:
- Lead/co-lead Lift’s policy analysis and advocacy on topics such as climate mitigation, climate adaptation, resilience, equity, poverty alleviation, sustainable development, and human well-being.
- Design and lead/co-lead the implementation of Lift’s policy advocacy workplan with objectives, outcomes, and key messages for our primary and secondary audiences.
- Create written and web-based advocacy materials and compelling presentations to advance Lift’s policy engagement and reach with influential institutions and individuals.
- Facilitate and track external institutions and decision-makers’ use of Lift’s research to support strategic, programmatic, and financial shifts around climate-poverty solutions.
- Lead Lift’s engagement in key policy-focused conferences and convenings.
- Cultivate outreach to existing and new influential people and institutions in the climate-poverty space.
- Participate in virtual and in-person workshops, convenings, and conferences.
Writing and Communications
- Develop and contribute to case studies, infographics, videos, and web features to disseminate knowledge about climate, human wellbeing, and poverty solutions.
- Contribute Lift content for Project Drawdown’s newsletter and Insights blog and external blogs and media pieces, including drafting articles at the idea stage.
This page belongs to the Job Offers database.