Revision as of 10:23, 8 March 2013 by ***** (***** | *****)
Comprehensive Country Ranking for Renewable Energy Based Mini-Grids Providing Rural Off-Grid Electrification
Presentation by C.Breyer - Reyer Lemoine Institut
1. The specific criteria for minigrids have to checked at the end locally.</span>
2. How was calculated the rural population???
- Taking into account the number of rural electrification per country (%) and number of poverty (%)
3. Why some countries which do not have a clearly huge electrification rate were excluded?? (E.g. Bangladesh)
- Combination of market, political environment and the weighting and scoring
4. Did you make a sensitive analysis for each variable??
5. Cost of finance – ability of finance (Setting a company up, infrastructure) How was it taken into account??
- Not considered because it was so extensive the investigation
6. All the collected data is standardized and may not reflect exactly the situation in each country
Potential of mini-grids and critical factors
by Dr. Teodoro Sanchez of Practical Action UK
1. How a difference between critical or important factor is done?
- First, a discussion of several specials from different areas is done in order to identify critical/important factors and finally a practical field investigation is done for verifying which of them were really critical or just important.
An Objectives Analysis for Improved Holistic Design of a Rural Electrification System
By Maizaklah Ayu Abdullah
1. How the leader of the community was approached??
- The Leaders have to know, how in other communities mini-grids are working by visiting other sites. Community has to be a very active player in the system, they should suggest energy solutions, among others
- If there is no compromise of the community the project fails very quickly
2. How is the social economy background of the communities? How is people taught to use it..
- They don’t handle money very often
- Basic education