►Add a New Job
►See all Jobs
|| Energy-System Modeller
|| Climate Analytics gGmbH
|| Europe and Central Asia
|Type of job
|| temporary contract
|Language of description
|| Your Responsibilities:
- Develop new and extend existing methodologies & modelling tools, such as the SIAMESE model, for analysing the Paris-Agreement compatible transformation of the energy sector, at global to regional, national and sub-national levels.
- Deploy modelling tools in a broad range of policy contexts and in particular develop Paris-Agreement 1.5°C compatible mitigation pathways for analysing sectoral mitigation costs, investments, sector coupling and key drivers of decarbonisation, reflecting a country’s or sector’s historical circumstances, specific reduction potentials, and policy interventions.
- Provide key analytical support in tracking climate action, quantifying science-related benchmarks for 1.5° implementation, and supporting NDC enhancement.
- Provide analytical support for negotiators from vulnerable countries.
- Contribute to fundraising and grant writing activities.
- Lead and contribute to peer-reviewed publications.
This page belongs to the Job Offers database.