►Add a New Event
►See all Events
|| Localising NDCs with inspiration from the 2030 Agenda
|| Online Seminars
|| 2021/05/05 15:30 CET
|| link to the event|
|| Cities and regions around the world are taking unprecedented climate action. How can these subnational measures be supported, and how do they connect to national plans, and ultimately to the goals of the Paris Agreement?
In a new Policy Brief titled “Localising NDCs with inspiration from the 2030 Agenda – A closer look at Voluntary Local Reviews (VLRs) and Voluntary National Reviews (VNRs)” we look into why and how Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs) can and should be localised. We also examine what lessons the process of localising the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) has to offer for the relatively new and unexplored concept of localising NDCs.
Speakers in the event are:
- Eleni Dellas, Policy Officer, Division on International Cooperation on Environment, Energy and Cities; OECD and OECD-Countries, German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety
- Petter Lydén, Advisor at GIZ for the German Federal Ministry for the Environment and lead author of the policy brief
- Francisco Charry, Technical Director at the Climate Change and Risk Management Directorate in the Environment Ministry of Colombia
- Nongcebo Hlongwa, Climate Protection Scientist at the eThekwini Municipality in South Africa
- Edgardo Bilsky, Director of Research at United Cities and Local Governments and peer reviewer of the policy brief
Moderator: Constanze Böning, Project Director Climate Policy Meets Urban Development at GIZ