►Add a New Event
►See all Events
|| WISIONS Webinar 8: Development and application of biodigester technology - advances from Latin America and the Caribbean
||WISIONS of Sustainability
- Energy Access
- Productive Use
- Renewable Energy
|| 2019/12/16 14:00 CET
|| 2019/12/16 15:15 CET
|| GoTo Webinar
|| link to the event|
|| Over the last decade, diverse innovation dynamics in the field of biodigestion technology have been evident in Latin America and the Caribbean. One particularly strong line of innovation is characterised by the aim of developing biodigester designs and implementation concepts that better respond to the actual needs and conditions of the wide diversity of ‘agri-cultures’ in the region. The recognition of this common aim was one of the main triggers for the creation of the “Network of Biodigesters for Latin America and the Caribbean”(RedBioLAC).
In this webinar we will talk with members of RedBioLAC to gain an overview of the significant contributions made in the region over the last decade in the development and application of the technology. We will consider questions such as:
- What technological developments have been particularly important for adapting to the diverse conditions faced by farmers and other potential users of the technology in the region?
- How has the dissemination of the technology been promoted in the region?
- What role is the technology currently playing and what role could it play in the future in moving toward sustainable societies in LAC?
- What lessons from LAC are valuable for the development and application of the technology in other regions?
We will explore these and other crucial aspects of the development of biodigestion technology in LAC with our speakers.
• Mariala Pino, General Coordinator of RedBioLAC
• Sam Schlesinger, Program Manager, Ecuador Green Empowerment Practical Action Nepal
• Jaime Martí-Herrero, Research Associate, CIMNE and Ikiam University
• Willington Ortiz, Research Associate, Wuppertal Institute
• Carmen Dienst, Research Unit Manager, Wuppertal Institute
To showcase the main contributions made by LAC (and in particular by RedBioLAC) in the development of biodigestion technology and its application.