International Team Leader for Rural Electrification
►Add a New Job
►See all Jobs
|| International Team Leader for Rural Electrification
|| NIRAS-IP Consult
|| Sub-Saharan Africa
|Type of job
|| temporary contract
|| Energy Access
|Language of description
NIRAS is looking for a Team Leader in a GIZ-funded project to support rural electrification in Togo. The project has three work areas:
Field of Action 1, supports the establishment of the newly founded Agency for Rural Electrification and Renewable Energies (AT2ER). As the working areas and processes as well as the responsibilities and tasks of the Agency are not yet clearly defined, the project will include the development of a procedural manual and ensure that the agency has access to basic equipment to carry out its activities.
In field of Action 2, the project supports the clarification and adaptation of the framework conditions for the decentralized energy sector (especially mini-grids, MG) in interaction with the key partners and stakeholders to make the decentralized energy sector interesting for private investment. Thus, tendering procedures for developing MG in Togo will be developed.
In field of Action 3, the TC measure supports market development, product development, business and operator models and pilot plants, both in rural electrification and in the energy wood sector.
The team leader will be supported by an international long-term expert for mini-grid development, as well as pools of national and international short-term experts.
- University qualification (German ‘Diplom’ or international Masters Degree or equivalent) in Law, Engineering, Political Science, Geography, Economics or similar
- Excellent language skills in French
- 10 years of professional experience in the energy sector
- 6 years of management/leadership experience as project team leader or manager in a company
- 5 years of experience in projects in Africa (region), of which 2 years in projects in West Africa
- 6 years of experience in DC projects (preferably in GIZ or KfW projects)
Professional experience required
5 years in Off-grid energy regulation, especially:
- Experience in developing laws regulating the electricity sector, which allows the liberalization of electricity generation, transmission and distribution in rural areas
- Training for relevant stakeholders on designing an enabling regulatory framework for decentralized energy solutions
- Experience in Wood Energy is preferred (integrate the topic of wood energy into forestry law)
This page belongs to the Job Offers database.