►Add a New Opportunity
►See all Opportunities
|| 2020 International Energy Workshop
|| Fraunhofer ISE
|| Call for Papers/Abstracts
|| Researchers and practitioners from countries around the world are invited to submit original papers with new and innovative results on scientific, technical and practical experience on the economics of energy and climate systems.
As is customary for the IEW, papers should be quantitative and rigorous.
A (non-exclusive) list of potential conference topics is:
- Reaching net-zero emissions: modelling the transition; sectoral modelling enhancements and linking Nationally Determined Contributions and Sustainable Development Goals with long-term decarbonisation strategies
- Emerging markets and decarbonisation: modelling future energy services, synthetic fuels and resources analysis for the energy sector in transition
- Managing power system transitions: addressing flexibility and system aspects for the integration of variable renewables; market design; integrated modelling looking at future energy systems and dealing with short-term issues
- Technology insights: role of technologies in the energy transitions (e.g. CCUS and negative emission technologies, hydrogen, energy efficiency in demand and supply)
- Cities and digitalisation: analysing the transition in cities and the impact of smart and digital technologies on the future energy system
- Socioeconomic analysis of the energy transition: employment, skills, health, investments, consumer bills, integrating behaviour in energy models
Selected papers will be presented and discussed in thematic sessions, circulated during the meeting, and also posted on the meeting website.