| You can become a Certified ReGrid® Manager (CRGM) by choosing RENAC's certified online training on grid integration of renewable energy. This online training demonstrates how a high amount of variable renewable energy (wind and solar) can be safely integrated into the electricity supply. It shows which steps are essential for the power system transformation.
Each participant will have access to short introductory courses on energy and electricity topics to learn or revise the basics. These courses are not mandatory, and will not be covered in the exam.
The online training comprises of eight courses:
- Highly resolved scenarios
- Short term prediction of wind/solar power generation
- Generator concepts for renewable energy (RE)
- Balancing power for grid integration of RE
- Grid codes for RE
- Generation expansion planning for a high share of VRE
- Grid and system integration studies
- Energy storage
This training suits those who:
- Plan or operate power systems with an increasing share of wind and solar
- Need to manage resulting transformation processes in the energy system
- Are involved in other aspects of VRE grid integration, e.g. calls for tender, development of grid codes or grid connection studies for renewables
- Are master students who wish to complement their studies in engineering fields
After the seminar, you will be able to:
- Identify challenges and solutions for grid operation and planning with large shares of variable renewable energy (VRE)
- Manage resource assessment, flexibility options and grid impact studies for large shares of VRE
Upon successful finalisation of the training, you will receive a RENAC Certificate.