|| PV-Diesel Hybrid On-Site Power Generation
|| Renewables Academy (RENAC) AG
|| Training Courses (Duration: 2018/11/05 – 2018/11/09)
|| Recent negative price trends in PV system cost and similar current trends for energy storage technologies can make PV-diesel hybrid systems viable solutions to cut energy generation cost and greenhouse gas emissions in captive power systems compared to conventional purely diesel-powered grids. This training focuses on PV-diesel hybrid systems where the diesel generator is still the dominating source of energy. This means that fuel savings of up to 25% (50% with energy storage) will be achieved for a reasonable overall investment.
- Technical implications of hybridising an existing captive power system.
- Financial implications of hybridising an existing captive power system.
- Energy audit to assess load profiles and energy demand.
- Relevant solar PV and diesel generator basics.
- Analysis of changing energy flows when hybridising the power system with PV.
- Identification of critical aspects on the power system’s stability.
- Suitable countermeasures on the power system’s stability.