|| Company Description
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our top-notch expertise in agriculture, energy and WASH to local contexts. SNV has an annual turnover of €130 million, over 1,250 staff in more than 25 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organisation that uses project financing to implement our mission. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence.
In its new Strategic Plan period (2019 – 2022), SNV will more explicitly aim for systems change during project preparation and implementation - by strengthening institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects. We will continue to position ourselves as a premium organisation, with decentralised management. Our Global Support Unit (70 staff) backstops our teams around the world.
For more information on SNV, visit our website: www.snv.org
SNV is seeking a dynamic and pragmatic professional to join the Project Support Office (PSO) in its Global Support Unit. The position aims to strengthen project management and project administration support services to SNV’s country offices and projects around the world.
The Project Management Support Officer reports the Head of the Project Support Office, part of SNV’s Global Support Unit in The Hague.
- Ensure timely and quality creation and closure of selected SNV projects both from a systems, and donor compliance perspective;
- Provide quality and timely backstopping to selected projects on project management and project administration issues;
- Support the design and maintenance of relevant reports to meet the (management) information needs of different functions across SNV;
- Ensure effective learning and knowledge exchange on project management between SNV projects with a particular focus on the maintenance and improvement of SNV’s knowledge management platform (SharePoint);
- Provide inputs to further development of SNV’s procedures, quality assurance standards, systems and tools for effective project management and project administration. This includes a significant systems component to ensure that SNV’s systems (including SAP Business By Design, SNV’s Enterprise Resource Planning system) are user friendly and fit-for-purpose;
- Lead on the development, dissemination and accompanying training of user guidance and work instructions on project management and administration in SNV’s systems environment.
- Graduate degree in Public Administration, International Development, International Business or related field;
- At least 3-5 years of relevant experience in project management and/or financial management preferably in an international (development) context;
- Strong financial background and analytical skills including budgeting, financial forecasting and analysis;
- Affinity to working in a systems and compliance environment. Experience of working with SAP Business By Design is a plus, as well as knowledge of the compliance requirements of SNV’s main donors (Dutch Government Directorate General for Internal Cooperation, European Union, UK Government Department for International Development, Swiss Development Cooperation);
- High attention to detail with experience in quality assurance processes;
- Pragmatic and pro-active self-starter with a service orientation;
- Team player, strong facilitator and an excellent communicator with the ability to translate project management and financial processes into user-friendly guidance;
- Fluency in English is a must and knowledge of French is desirable.
Contract Type Dutch Employment Contract
Contract Duration 1 year with possibility of extension
Expected Start Date March 2019
Working at SNV
SNV offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. We offer a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and international working environment. Our staff benefits from, and contribute to, an internal and global network of experts. For more information, please visit our website: www.snv.org
How to Apply
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by uploading your CV and letter of motivation before February 03, 2019.
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement