Technical Advisor on Mini Grids
►Add a New Job
►See all Jobs
|| Technical Advisor on Mini Grids
|| NIRAS-IP Consult
|| Sub-Saharan Africa
|Type of job
|| temporary contract
|| Energy Access
|Language of description
NIRAS is looking for an international technical advisor on mini grids in a GIZ-funded project to support rural electrification in Togo. The project has three work areas:
Field of Action 1, supports the establishment of the newly founded Agency for Rural Electrification and Renewable Energies (AT2ER). As the working areas and processes as well as the responsibilities and tasks of the Agency are not yet clearly defined, the project will include the development of a procedural manual and ensure that the agency has access to basic equipment to carry out its activities.
In field of Action 2, the project supports the clarification and adaptation of the framework conditions for the decentralized energy sector (especially mini-grids, MG) in interaction with the key partners and stakeholders to make the decentralized energy sector interesting for private investment. Thus, tendering procedures for developing MG in Togo will be developed.
In field of Action 3, the TC measure supports market development, product development, business and operator models and pilot plants, both in rural electrification and in the energy wood sector.
The technical advisor will be responsible for Field of Action 2 and be supported by an international team leader as well as pools of national and international short-term experts.
Tasks of the tecnical advisor on mini-grids (MG) will include:
Specific responsibility to implement activities related to Mini-Grid tendering
- Drafting of tender documents
- Running tendering workshops, technical support
- Supervision of the tender and Mini-Grid Implementation
- Strategy, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of capacity development measures for local partners in the area of Mini-Grid tendering
- Supporting the officer responsible for the commission in updating/adapting the project strategy and in evaluations in the field of Mini-Grid tendering
- Maintaining close contact to other donors in the sector to streamline interventions and liaise with local partner organizations in the field of Mini-Grid tendering
- University qualification (German ‘Diplom’ or international Master Degree or equivalent) in Law, Engineering, Political Science, Geography or Economics
- Excellent language skills in French
- 10 years of professional experience in the energy sector
- 3 years of experience in projects in Africa (region)
- 2 years of experience in DC projects
Professional experience required
- 5 years in Mini-Grid development/tendering especially related to the tasks above.
This page belongs to the Job Offers database.