- Foundation for Grassroots Initiatives in Africa (GrassRootsAfrica) was founded in 2002 and is based in .
- Type of organisation: NGO
GrassRootsAfrica provides research, advocacy and capacity building in support of Citizens’ initiatives that promote
1. Good Governance, protect the environment and human rights,
2. Advance women’s empowerment and access to energy and equitable development,
3. Guarantee personal security and enhance well-being, particularly of the dis-advantaged in society.
1. Advocated for a removal of import duties on solar equipment in order to enable many more people especially, low income groups and women to be able to purchase solar equipment for lighting and powering small scale businesses
2. Sensitized women to move away from using polluting forms of energy like fuel wood, to using clean cook stoves
3. implementing an advocacy and capacity building project that builds the capacity of women and gender based CSOs on five SDGs including SDG 5, 6, 7, 13 and 15.