Chief Financial Officer
►Add a New Job
►See all Jobs
|| Chief Financial Officer
|| Asia and Pacific
|Type of job
|| temporary contract
|Language of description
|| About ATEC
Globally cooking with wood kills roughly three times as many people each year as traffic accidents with the majority of fatalities being women. The impact potential for clean cooking is 4 billion people, and ATEC will continue to trail-blaze to ensure emerging technology is an integral part of reaching that potential.
ATEC* is an award-winning Australian-registered social enterprise distributing world-leading clean cooking technologies across Cambodia and Bangladesh to Bottom of the Pyramid (BoP) Households. Starting with their patented pay-as-you-go biogas systems, they strive to create a world with access to affordable, abundant and clean energy.
They are entering the next exciting phase of their journey to expand the reach and impact of this product and technologies. ATEC is looking for a highly motivated Chief Financial Officer (CFO) with a strong passion for unlocking the potential of BoP households and communities to live healthier lives. If you love clean cooking, scaling lean businesses, and changing people's lives, apply now.
You will use your formidable skills to:
- Review and standardise ATEC's international financial management policies, procedures;
- Manage the processes for financial forecasting and budgets, and overseeing the preparation of all financial reporting;
- Manage the relationship with external auditors and banks ensuring that ATEC* meets all requirements for annual financial statements;
- Manage ATEC's bookkeeping resource, and provide oversight of financial resources in *Cambodia and Bangladesh;
- Providing financial advice and analysis on long-term business and financial planning;
- Prepare financial reporting for Board, including attending Finance Committee and Board meetings;
- Support CEO in strategic development, capital raising and establishment of new markets;
- Other activities as delegated by the CEO.
They Are Looking For
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Track record of delivering results across finance, accounting, budgeting, control, and reporting
- CA / CPA Qualification with minimum of 3 years post-qualification experience
- Mature and proactive, with evidence having worked as a trusted business partner to the CEO
- Experience in managing licensing finance model
- An effective communicator, with strong oral and written skills
- Continuous Learning
- Goal Orientated
- Driven to help people and communities
Terms and Conditions
Location: Between GMT+6 to GMT+11 (ATEC* is a Distributed Digital Office)
Reporting to: CEO
Employment basis: Initial 12 month contract with potential for further extension
Time commitment: 0.8-1.0 FTE (negotiable depending on skill levels and location)
Remuneration: Compensation will depend on your experience and qualifications. Incentives for excellent performance such as Employee Share Scheme will be included.
ATEC has 2 branch offices in Cambodia and Bangladesh with over 40 staff. ATEC International includes the Senior Management Team and is a fully distributed workforce, working digitally across Asia & Australasia using the latest in digital tools and management methodology. This role will join the international team, work distributed, then physically come together regularly for team workshops and strategic development.
How to Apply
Please submit your CV (maximum 3 pages) and a concise cover letter explaining how your skills, knowledge, and experience fit what ATEC is looking for.
Applications should be compiled into one document and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Application for CFO position”.
For more information regarding the role please contact Rebecca Penglase, Head of International Operations at email@example.com or +61428563219.
This page belongs to the Job Offers database.