Communications Manager, Clean Energy Access
Communications Manager, Clean Energy Access
- United States of America"KenyaUnited States of America" is not in the list (Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, ...) of allowed values for the "Job country" property.
CLASP is seeking a creative, seasoned professional to lead communications for our portfolio of clean energy access initiatives. CLASP’s clean energy access programs seek to catalyze the uptake of high quality, life-transforming, energy efficient appliances for the world’s poorest people, in support of Sustainable Development Goal 7 – affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all. CLASP’s portfolio is comprised of three unique, well-established brands: Efficiency for Access, the Global LEAP Awards, and VeraSol Quality Assurance.
A successful candidate will demonstrate dedication to CLASP’s mission and theory of change and understand how impactful communications can further that mission. They’ll provide strategic communications guidance for teams throughout the organization and manage a team to deliver compelling products for our digital platforms (websites, newsletters, social media). The candidate will work closely with CLASP’s Chief Communications & Development Officer to contribute to fundraising, donor management, organizational outreach, and furthering the CLASP brand.
The successful candidate will be an excellent writer and editor and know how to turn complex ideas into impactful and concise narratives. They will understand and move between the small details and the big picture with skill, adapt to evolving priorities, and bring well-honed listening and interpersonal skills. Candidates with experience in the clean energy access sector strongly preferred; those with experience in international development broadly, renewable energy, sustainable development, and/or energy efficiency may also be considered.
This position will report to the Chief Communications & Development Officer, who based in Washington, DC.
- Provide strategic leadership: Build strategic communications work plans in support of clean energy access programmatic objectives and guide day-to-day project implementation.
- Lead a high-performing team: Oversee a dedicated communications workstream for CLASP’s Low Energy Inclusive Appliances program (a.k.a. Efficiency for Access), supervise an international team of communications staff, and facilitate ongoing training and professional development.
- Communicate cutting edge research: Support our research team in packaging and messaging their reports for specific audiences for maximal impact, through newsletters, website stories or blogs, and presentations. *Experience facilitating a complicated, matrixed editorial process a plus.
- Generate compelling stories & case studies: Work with the program and research teams to turn technical information into compelling stories through articles and case studies for a variety of audiences, including the CLASP Board, donors, international agencies, policymakers, and partner organizations.
- Digital media management & engagement: Identify new opportunities to drive CLASP’s brand and message through our five unique web platforms. Maintain website editorial calendars and ensure the timely dissemination of programmatic developments.
- Proposal development & donor reporting: Contribute to the expansion, continuity of CLASP’s clean energy access programing by supporting proposal development and fundraising activities, as well as reporting.
- Track progress: Monitor and evaluate the performance of external communications products and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Connect: Make connections from CLASP’s clean energy access portfolio to related sectors (e.g. agriculture, women’s empowerment); to broader development goals; and the international agenda for climate change mitigation, adaptation, and resilience.
- A track record of achievement in communications, including international experience, with a preference for experience in Sub-Saharan Africa and/or South Asia. Directionally, we are looking for 4-6 years of previous communications experience.
- Proven ability to take complex, technical ideas and turn them into compelling stories in a variety of formats: web, print publications, briefing papers, digital media, and social media all a plus; experience writing funding proposals ideal.
- Good visual eye; must be able to reproduce CLASP and CLASP family of brands across multimedia.
- Demonstrated experience supervising and developing team members.
- Experience writing for a donor audience and leading an editorial process with subject matter experts and teams on reporting or fundraising.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an orientation toward working in a collaborative environment; ability to maintain composure, flexibility, and a sense of humor under tight deadlines.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud applications and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Candidates with experience in the clean energy access sector strongly preferred; those with experience in international development broadly, renewable energy, sustainable development, and/or energy efficiency may also be considered.
CLASP provides its employees with a highly competitive salary that is benchmarked annually with other non-profit organizations in the DC metropolitan area. CLASP also provides a comprehensive and outstanding benefits package, including fully paid health insurance for individuals and competitive rates for families/dependents, unlimited leave and all federal holidays, an impressive match of employee contributions to the 403b retirement plan, and a collegial office environment that supports professional development, wellness and flexible telecommuting options.
This is a full-time position based in the Washington, D.C. or Nairobi, Kenya. Occasional international travel will be required (2 – 4 times per year).Further details and how to apply: https://www.clasp.ngo/careers/communications-manager-clean-energy-access/]]
This page belongs to the Job Offers database.