Equatorial Guinea Energy Situation
0.488211° S, 16.24541° E
Total Area (km²): It includes a country's total area, including areas under inland bodies of water and some coastal waterways.
Population: It is based on the de facto definition of population, which counts all residents regardless of legal status or citizenship--except for refugees not permanently settled in the country of asylum, who are generally considered part of the population of their country of origin.
Rural Population (% of total population): It refers to people living in rural areas as defined by national statistical offices. It is calculated as the difference between total population and urban population.
GDP (current US$): It is the sum of gross value added by all resident producers in the economy plus any product taxes and minus any subsidies not included in the value of the products. It is calculated without making deductions for depreciation of fabricated assets or for depletion and degradation of natural resources.
GDP Per Capita (current US$): It is gross domestic product divided by midyear population
Access to Electricity (% of population): It is the percentage of population with access to electricity.
Energy Imports Net (% of energy use): It is estimated as energy use less production, both measured in oil equivalents. A negative value indicates that the country is a net exporter. Energy use refers to use of primary energy before transformation to other end-use fuels, which is equal to indigenous production plus imports and stock changes, minus exports and fuels supplied to ships and aircraft engaged in international transport.
Fossil Fuel Energy Consumption (% of total): It comprises coal, oil, petroleum, and natural gas products.
- Find relevant data on energy production, total primary energy supply, electricity consumption and CO2 emissions for Equatorial Guinea s on this Equatorial Guinea Data Portal.
- Find relevant information for Equatorial Guinea on energy access (access to electricity, access to clean cooking, renewable energy and energy efficiency) on the Tracking SDG7 Homepage (Sustainable Development Goal indicators 7.1 energy access, 7.2 on renewable energy and 7.3 on energy efficiency).
- Find a summarized energy profile for Equatorial Guinea (Atlas of Africa Energy Sources).
- Find relevant data on Renewable Power Capacity and Generation of Equatorial Guinea at the homepage of IRENA.org.
Key Problems of the Energy Sector
Policy Framework, Laws and Regulations
- Find an overview of the electrification investment scenarios (2025 and 2030) for Equatorial Guinea on the Global Electrification Platform (GEP).
- Find relevant information on the regulations and Equatorial Guinea's strategy in the energy sector on the homepage of the African Energy Portal.
Institutional Set up in the Energy Sector
Other Key Actors / Activities of Donors, Implementing Agencies, Civil Society Organisations
- Find relevant documents and data sets for Equatorial Guinea on the Power for all PEAK homepage.