►Add a New Event
►See all Events
|| Are Permanent Magnet Motors the Next Game-Changer in Energy Access?
||Efficiency for Access
|| Online Seminars
- Energy Efficiency
- Energy Access
|| 2021/04/22 8:30 EDT
|| 2021/04/22 10:00 EDT
|| Zoom Webinar
|| link to the event|
|| As the ‘prime movers’ in many appliances, motors determine the capabilities, efficiency and reliability of most off- and weak-grid products. New Efficiency for Access research suggests energy-efficient permanent magnet motors could be a “game-changer” for off-grid and weak-grid appliance markets. Appliances powered by permanent magnet motors use up to 42% less energy than products powered by conventional alternating current motors and can reduce the net cost of a household’s solar energy system by 30%.
Join Efficiency for Access on April 22 for a 90-minute webinar on permanent magnet motor applications in off-grid and weak-grid markets. Participants will learn more about permanent magnet motor technology, current market trends, and barriers and strategies to incentivise adoption, with real-world insights from the Pakistani fan manufacturer, Harness Energy.
- Ankit Agrawal, Principle Consultant at pManifold Business Solutions
- Rahul Bagdia, Managing Director & Co-Founder at pManifold Business Solutions
- Dr. Evan Murimi, Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology
- Stephen Pantano, Chief Research Officer at CLASP
- Muhammad Shehryar, Founding and Managing Director at Harness Energy