Event - Clean and Modern Energy for Cooking - A Path to Food Security and Sustainable Development
►Add a New Event
►See all Events
- Humanitarian Energy
- Renewable Energy
It is with great pleasure that MECS and WFP invite you to participate in the webinar “Clean and Modern Energy for Cooking - A path to food security and sustainable development”, on Wednesday 13 July 2022 at 13:00 BST.
The webinar will present key findings from our joint position paper “Clean and Modern Energy for Cooking - A Path to Food Security and Sustainable Development". Launched in June 2022, the paper demonstrates how ensuring access to safe, sustainable and accessible cooking fuels and technologies for households, institutions (like schools) and businesses is essential to address energy poverty and food security, and to pave the way for sustainable development.
The webinar will also showcase some of the projects WFP are currently working on to promote access to clean and modern energy for cooking, in collaboration with MECS. These cover institutional and displacement settings across East, Southern and Central Africa. Examples include an electric cooking pilot in schools in Lesotho; a study of fuel-efficient menus for school feeding in Rwanda; and a project which aims to provide modern cooking solutions in humanitarian settings in the North of Chad.
The webinar is expected to last for around one hour with the planned format as follows;
1) Welcome and opening remarks - WFP [Dr Raffaella Bellanca] (10 minutes)
2) Launch of the position paper “Clean and Modern Energy for Cooking - A Path to Food Security and Sustainable Development" - WFP & MECS (15 minutes)
3) WFP's work on modern energy for cooking in selected countries and settings:
- Pilot of large Electric Pressure Cookers (EPCs) in Lesotho - Geoffrey Ndegwa, WFP (5 minutes)
- Pilot of fuel-efficient menus for school feeding in Rwanda - Suzanna Huber, WFP (5 minutes)
- Modern cooking solutions in Chad and beyond - Maarten Kleijn, WFP (5 minutes)
4) Panel discussion and Q&A (15 minutes)
5) Closing remarks - MECS (5 minutes)
Upon completion of this registration form, we will send out a link for you to join the webinar.Register for the webinar: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc-LKadojVixgVRyfH0nnB1RYZiInNw93b3WznDYbQ3GZtDCQ/viewform?vc=0&c=0&w=1&flr=0
"Chad, Lesotho, Rwanda" is not in the list (Worldwide, Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, ...) of allowed values for the "Country" property.