|| Project Finance & Project Financial Modelling
Project finance and financial modelling best practices with practical case studies
Today’s project finance (PF) transactions require a higher level of expertise not only in programming more sophisticated and flexible financial models, but also in incorporating the latest risk mitigation and credit enhancement instruments. While higher standards of environmental, social, and governance (ESG) impact management are being demanded of all major capital projects worldwide, more options and models for ESG mitigation, insurance, guarantee products, and financing instruments are now available. This online course covers both the latest PF strategies, risk mitigation instruments, as well as financial modelling best practices.
The objective of this course is to provide participants with an enhanced understanding of the practical & documentation requirements of all interested parties to today’s PF transaction. This programme provides you with proven PF analytical strategies and transaction structuring techniques which will enable you to quantitatively assess risks, resolve constraints, and reach project financial closure. This programme is also designed to enhance the check lists and benchmark metrics by which you can reduce losses and which will be viewed favorably by both management and the regulatory community.
1. Limited-recourse Project Finance models & key requirements
2. Managing Project Finance transactions & stages of the deal
3. Project Finance documentation management, risk analysis models & Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) mitigation options
4. Sources of PF funding, financing instruments & guarantee products; credit enhancements & bankability techniques
5. PF financial model design requirements, presentation & formatting standards
6. Programming financial statements, cash flows, profit & loss statements and managing international accounting standards
7. Projecting PF balance sheets, SPV reserve accounts, PF refinancing, and conducting sensitivity analyses
8. PF model stress-testing, overseeing Monte Carlo simulation analyses, and modelling for credit enhancements
Benefits of Attending
1. Understand the key practical and transaction management requirements of today’s project finance (PF) marketplace
2. Oversee and direct PF transactions including managing specialist transaction advisors
3. Manage PF documentation requirements and manage detailed lender due diligence requirements
4. Designing commercial financing instruments, funding products, and “blended finance” strategies
5. Select and apply credit enhancement and guarantee products to ensure PF bankability
6. Techniques for managing and reaching PF transaction commercial closure & financial closure
7. The latest standards for analyzing and mitigating environmental, social, and governance (ESG) impacts of PF transactions
8. Best practices for resolving practical PF challenges in specific infrastructure and industrial sectors including - renewable energy; power transmission & energy pipelines; logistics & transport facilities; airports, ports, & roads; desalination plants; water & wastewater treatment facilities; accommodation, hospitals & education facilities; commercial real estate, agro-industrial facilities; mining & natural resources, etc.
9. Practical standards for designing & programming financial models for PF transactions, data assumptions, financial statements, international accounting standards, and bankability metrics
10. Review and critique PF financial models prepared by specialist PF financial advisors
11. Stress-test PF models: sensitivity analysis, scenario analysis, and overseeing Monte Carlo simulation analysis techniques
12. Use PF financial models to guide risk-allocations, credit enhancements instruments, bankability measures, and reach transaction financial closure
“Trainer is very experienced. Good to ask him questions because he’ll provide you real case tackled example”
“Infocus workshop on Project Finance & Project Financial Modelling provided me with deep insight on the topic and framework, to help me pursue sound skill in this area.”
“Excellent training initiatives for finance and engineering managers.”
“Excellent! The course highlighted many aspects of project finance that I was not initially aware of.”
-Nambia Power Corporation
“Project Finance & Project Financial Modelling course was nicely crafted for wider audience. provides international exposure to participants.
To register/enquire, please contact Emilia at firstname.lastname@example.org