SNV is an international development organisation that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our expertise in agriculture, energy and WASH to local contexts. SNV has annual revenues of over €130 million, and 1300 staff working in 25 countries across Asia, Africa and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organisation that uses project financing to implement our mission. In its Strategic Plan period (2019 – 2022), SNV will more explicitly aim for systems change during capture work, project preparation and implementation - by strengthening institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects. We will continue to position ourselves as a premium organisation and invest in making knowledge flow to and from the frontline. SNV contributes to sustainable change in WASH delivery systems in at least 19 countries. Ultimately, we envision a world that enables all people’s access to affordable and reliable WASH services – leaving no one behind. In households, schools, and health facilities, our programmes are designed to build professional, organisational, and inter-institutional capacities to deliver environmentally and financially sustainable rural and urban WASH services. For more information on SNV, visit our website: www.snv.org. Overview of the Project The programme is an expansion of a previous project implemented over the past five years. The focus of this programme is rural WASH service delivery thought the direct support of the Government of Mozambique. In this new phase, there will be greater attention to child malnutrition and the specific needs of women and adolescent girls. It will build on the success of the current WASH programme, using performance indicators to drive the sustainability and equity of government and private sector service delivery at the sub-national level. The project will use evidence to influence policies and strategies that will lead to better health and nutritional outcomes for the poor. The programme will also build human capital for long term economic development. The programme will have two components, a capacity-building component to national and provincial governments and a fund management component for a value of USD 9 million. The Fund will focus on WASH service providers. Activities include: · Grantmaking. · Setting up of payment mechanisms. · Monitoring whether payment conditions have been satisfied.
This advert is for the Fund Manager. Reporting to the Team Leader, the Fund Manager is responsible for managing the implementation of the Fund under the programme. Key responsibilities
- Responsible for formulating and overseeing the programme’s overall grant strategy and grant budget;
- Prepare and coordinate Calls for Grant and coordinate independent evaluations and selection of grant submissions;
- Guide and manage qualification processes for grants, including capability assessment and due diligence of prospective grantees;
- Oversee accountability of spending including financial reporting and reconciliations, and;
- Supervise sensitisation and capacity building of grantees
· A postgraduate qualification in Economics, Finance, International Development or equivalent; · A minimum of 10 years or more in managing large donor-funded programmes · Demonstrated experience in managing funds; · Demonstrated experience in managing teams; · Knowledge of and experience of the WASH sector, preferably in Mozambique; · Track record of managing market-oriented grant programmes; · Ability to build and maintain relationships with donors, private sector and other stakeholders; · Results orientated and committed to accountability; · Excellent communication (written and oral), reporting and presentation skills; and · Fluent in English, and working knowledge of Portuguese. · Preferable based in Mozambique
Contract Duration: 12 months Desired start date: September 2021 Working at SNV SNV offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. We offer a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a highly professional and diverse working environment. How to Apply Qualified candidates are invited to submit their CV and letter of motivation before 28th June 2021, including the mentioning of 3 references. We will not approach references without your explicit approval. Selected candidates will be invited for at least 2 interviews. NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted Women are strongly encouraged to apply.We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement.
This page belongs to the Job Offers database.