The Government of Uganda (GoU)
Type of job
Language of description
Objectives of the Assignment
The Grants Officer will support the Program Manager – Results-based Financing and Clean Cooking during the implementation of Results-based Financing activities aimed at increasing the uptake of clean cooking technologies and solar systems.
Scope of Services
The Grants Officer will be dedicated to the implementation of the EASP project and will have the following duties and responsibilities. He/she will support implementation of the Results-based Financing and Clean Cooking Program in accordance with the Project’s Operations Manual, including but not limited to:
- Initiating results-based payments to eligible solar companies and/or clean cooking companies in line with documented eligibility criteria
- Obtaining required documentation and approvals from other stakeholders where applicable
- Maintaining a chronological record of all the necessary grant processing documentation
- participate in joint periodic (at least quarterly) monitoring visits to sample installations made under the program
- Provide input in the preparation of periodic reports covering all key aspects of the program
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Honours degree in a Business or Science related field from a recognised University
- Master’s degree in business or science related field from a recognized university will be an added advantage
- At least three (3) years of relevant work experience with reputable a bank or financial services organisations.
- Demonstrable experience working with Government or non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) on projects financed by Development Financial Institutions such as the World Bank, AfDB, AFD, KfW, UN, etc. will be an added advantage
- Demonstrable experience in results-based financing mechanisms for service/equipment delivery in the energy, water, agriculture, or other sectors will be an added advantage
- Good interpersonal, communication skills and ability to work with teams in the organisation at all levels
- Must be self-driven with ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision and deliver amidst tight deadlines
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
This page belongs to the Job Offers database.