As an effective way to improve the electrification rate globally, Pay-As-You-Go solar business model has been proved feasible in many developing countries, and more and more countries are deploying the Pay-As-You-Go pilot. it seems like a real hot and new things for many potential stakeholders has an interest in running their own Pay-As-You-Go business, but is it really that easy to run a Pay-As-You-Go business?
We discussed 'The Common Problem of Pay-As-You-Go Solar Home System' in our last article, and mentioned that to run a PAYG company well, there are three essential part need to be considered, Capital, Quality and Service, the capital will decide how big your PAYG company can do, the quality and service will decide how far your PAYG company can go.
How to select a PAY-GO SHS system?
Let's now discuss how to select Pay-As-You-Go solar home system?
Affordability and last-mile distribution are a big obstacle to those unelectrified households, with a majority of those unelectrified living in a remote village and nonliterate. In the beginning phase, Pay-As-You-Go Solar Home System focus more on the entry-level solar home system or pico solar lantern, which can only provide lighting, phone charging, torch and radio, the market always want more, so fan and TV are becoming popular in recent year, with a small portion of them can even power a fridge/freezer.
More optional appliances mean a more powerful pay-as-you-go solar home system, components like solar panel and battery, it is expensive and becomes a target of some theft, also some end-users trying to reverse-engineer the solar home system and use the battery directly without paying, and create a huge loss to the PAYG operators. Besides, some un-user-friendly PAYG solar home system with an easily-broken token input keypad or unclear PAYG credit status, which result in the end-users forget or unable to pay on time, and suffering from the darkness again.
Support for PAYG companies
PAYG companies should look for supporting consulting and solar product firms that offer supplying high quality, user-friendly and tamper-resistant product to decrease the default rate and aftersales cost.
Tamper-resistant control unit
- High-class industry design with no screw exposed
- Anti-tampering screws, professional tools required
- Iron box to protect the battery from being opened*
- MCU program will self-destruct if violently opened
128*64 dot matrix LCD display with backlight
- Device information clearly showed including:
- Battery level: 1% to 100%
- Remaining credit days: >N Days
- Remaining battery usage time: >N Hours
- Device information, software version, manufacturer information
- Fault warning information
- 4 x 3 capacitive touch keypad with buzzer sound
4 x 3 capacitive touch keypad to ensure the sensitivity, stability and reliability of the product will not change due to changes in environmental conditions or long-term use
- Buzzer sound feedback when touching the keypad
- Buzzer sound remind when the battery level is low
Two-way authentication, Triple protection
- Two-way authentication encryption protection between solar panel and MCU*
- Two-way authentication encryption protection between battery protection board and MCU
- Two-way authentication encryption protection between MCU and accessories including LED lamp, LED Torch and FM Radio
Case Study: Micenergy
Micergy is a next-generation technology company dedicated to designing and manufacturing of Pay-As-You-Go Solution and Off-Grid Solar Solution. We will update the latest product and insights of the off-grid solar sector, welcome to follow us and learn more about how to select your off-grid solar products.
Welcome to visit www.micergy.com to learn more about Micergy.
- ↑ Reference missing
- ↑ www.micergy.com