1. Before you can insert any document or picture in your article you need to upload the corresponding file into the wiki!
For instructions on how to upload pictures/documents to energypedia, please see this article: "Uploading Pictures and Documents"
2. To insert a picture, click on the "Image" option in the edit toolbar.
3. A pop-up menu will appear. For the option, "Image file name", type in the name of the file you want to use.
- The option "LInk image to a Wiki page or URL", allows you to direct your audience to a particular wiki page or a website when they click on the picture. For linking to a wiki article, simply type in the name of the article and for linking to an external website, type in the entire URL including htttp:
- “Caption” allows you to add relevant caption to your picture. The caption will be displayed below the file when you choose "Special type" -> frame or thumbnail. If you choose "Special type" -> border, then the caption will only be shown when you hover over the picture. Please do not use any special character (&;%, /) in the caption.
- The option "Alignment" provides the opportunity to put the image right, left or center of the article.To prevent text from floating around the pictures, use center alignment.
- The option "width" allows you to determine the width of the picture. Please do not use more than 800px as it will result in skewed page.The "Special type" -> frame option does not allow you to adjust the picture size.
4. Click OK. The picture will now appear in the edited text.
5. To change a picture's height or alignment, scroll over the picture or filename, then right click and choose "Image Properties".
6. To remove a picture/graph from the article, select the graph and press delete.
Advanced Tips in Wikitext Editor