Junior Planning Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor
Junior Planning Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor
SNV Netherlands Development is one of the largest Dutch not-for-profit development organisations with operations in more than 23 countries across Asia, Africa, and Latin America. SNV aims to lift incomes and access to basic services. We make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty, helping them raise incomes and access basic services. Driven by the Sustainable Development Goals, we are dedicated to a society in which all people are free to pursue their own sustainable development, and no one is left behind. This commitment to equity directs us to focus on gender and youth. We apply our know-how to deliver results at scale worldwide. We do this through our local presence and know-how to realise effective solutions and our specialised expertise on agriculture, energy, and water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH). Our projects directly benefit millions of people. At the same time, projects drive systems change, which helps many more people work their way out of poverty, well beyond the scope of projects. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organisation, implementing our mission exclusively through project financing. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence every day For more information on SNV, visit our website: https://snv.org/ Job Description SNV is seeking a dynamic, pragmatic and starting junior professional to support the Global Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation (PME) team by providing operational support to SNV PME processes and work, enabling projects and sectors across SNV to use, understand and learn from project monitoring and evaluation data. The Junior Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor (Junior PME advisor) is part of the Global PME team within the Global Sector Team. The Global Sector Team steers the sector globally, provides advice and support to Country Offices, projects and programmes; developing (new) sector strategies, themes, tools and approaches in line with global trends and best practices; monitoring the quality of the implementation of these themes and approaches in projects; and coordinates the positioning of SNV globally. The Global Sector Team supports countries by providing clarity on requirements, tools, guidance, and support and training on PME. The Junior PME Advisor contributes to SNV’s operational excellence. (S)he provides operational and administrative support to the existing Global PME advisors on corporate SNV M&E tools and processes, learning, and capacity building. The Junior PME advisor is detailed-oriented, knows their way around quantitative data management systems and excel, and enjoys supporting others to make use and sense of PME systems and data. Responsibilities:
- Supports the transition of SNV to a new online M&E data management platform, including providing training and communications to teams across SNV.
- Handles the day-to-day management of the new M&E data management platform, including user management, project set-up, trouble-shooting to projects and capacity building.
- Supports the SNV corporate harmonised indicators process, including collecting data from projects, managing datasets, aggregation and dissemination.
- Supports global sector team members with queries on the M&E data management platform and/or the corporate harmonised indicators.
- Supports capacity building and learning efforts, including updating SNV’s KAYA learning platform on M&E modules, maintain PME Sharepoint pages, trainings for staff, contribute to PME learning briefs.
- Other support requests as determined by the global PME advisors.
- Masters degree in a relevant field related to planning, monitoring and evaluation
- 0-2 years of working experience, this is a starting position
- Good understanding of PME processes and tools
- Good understanding of data management systems and Excel. Experience with online mobile data collection systems (ODK, Survey CTO), is a plus.
- High attention to detail
- Good analytical skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Pragmatic and pro-active self-starter with a service orientation
- Team player
- Fluency in English is a must and knowledge of French is desirable.
Additional Information Terms of appointment Contract Type: Dutch employment contract for one year, with possibility of extension. Applicants must be eligible to work in the EU without sponsorship. Expected Start Date: As soon as possible Working at SNV: SNV offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. We offer a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment. Our staff benefit from, and contribute to, an internal global network of experts. For more information, please visit our website: www.snv.org/careers. How to Apply: If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by uploading your CV and letter of motivation before December 17, 2021. SNV reserves the right to close the vacancy before the indicated deadline if the appropriate candidate is identified. Unless explicitly indicated otherwise by the applicant, SNV considers the application from candidates for similar positions or consultancies. The appointment is pending approval of funding.- We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement -
This page belongs to the Job Offers database.