Link to an External Website
On energypedia, you can link words from your current article to any other existing article, other external links, or documents. To link to an external website:
1. Highlight the word(s) that will build the link later.
2. Click on the "Insert Link" symbol in the toolbar.
3. A dialog window will appear. For the option,”Define the wiki page for the link:”, type in the complete URL for the external site you wish to link to.
(Make sure that there are no spaces within the link, as those need to be replaced with "%20" in order to work.)
4. Successfully linked words will appear in blue color whereas links without a valid target will appear in red color. Words linking to external website have a small arrow next to them.
5. Save your changes by clicking "Save page" at the bottom of the page.
Linking to an Article on energypedia