Metering and Billing Battery Charging Systems (BCS)
Generally, there are many different possibilities concerning billing systems of BCS:
- Independent of whether villagers own or do not own the batteries in use, they can be charged on a cost for service fee at a central BCS each time they recharge their battery.
- Another thinkable option would be a tariff that has to be paid once a month independent of the amount of charged batteries of the respective consumer
- In case that batteries cannot be afforded, in some countries there are already options for leasing batteries from a central station (that is a BCS at the same time). Here, batteries are charged either on a set schedule or as the batteries need recharge. In Laos, for example, Sunlabob lends solar-rechargeable lamps.
- Battery Charging Systems (BCS)
- Portal:Battery Charging Systems
- Tariffs Battery Charging Systems (BCS)
- Metering and Billing Systems