Opportunity - Apply for the Umoja Incubator Today!
- Energy Access
- Financing and Business Models
- Renewable Energy
Umoja Incubator Entry and Eligibility Criteria
There is a strong opportunity of investing in renewable energy across sub-Saharan Africa. Although Africa has an enormous renewable energy potential and many local developers have already identified suitable sites, the lack of experience or development capital hinders meaningful project development. The Umoja Incubator addresses this situation by linking up strong early-stage renewable energy projects with access to development capital. Serengeti Energy has a solid ground presence, strong market knowledge and track record in developing and bringing renewable energy projects to markets. The Private Financing Advisory Network has been supporting renewable energy developers with advisory services to accelerate their development. Let’s come together and scale renewable energy across Africa.
In order to be eligible to participate in the incubator program, the project you present must adhere to the following rules:
- Be submitted by its owner(s) or (jointly “owners”) or by its/their representatives
- Be located in sub-Saharan Africa (SSA)
- Not be located in a protected area as defined by IFC Performance Standard 6 and IUCN
- Use renewable energy technology (wind, solar and hydro only) with a size between 3MW-50MW and limited to a maximum of 25MW for hydro power projects
- Have passed the “idea stage” and at a minimum an MOU or EOI
- Have a viable offtake strategy and be located in a country with policies and regulations allowing IPPs