Opportunity - Funding competition: Energy Catalyst Round 9 - Late Stage
- Energy Access
- Renewable Energy
Competition opens: Wednesday 18 May 2022
Competition closes: Wednesday 10 August 2022 11:00am
Innovate UK, part of UK Research and Innovation, will work with the Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) and the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) as part of the Ayrton Fund to invest up to £20 million in innovation projects.
The aim of this competition is to accelerate the innovations needed to create new or improved clean energy access in sub-Saharan Africa, South Asia or Indo-Pacific regions. This will create a just and inclusive energy transition and extend the benefits of clean energy to all to meet sustainable development goals (SDGs) 7 'Affordable and clean energy' and 13 'Climate action'.
Your proposal must focus on:
- improving energy access in official development assistance (ODA) eligible countries in sub-Saharan Africa, South Asia and Indo-Pacific regions
- have a technology or business model which is affordable, reliable and low carbon
- consider the role of gender equality and social inclusion (GESI)
This competition is split into 3 strands:
- Energy Catalyst Round 9 – Early Stage
- Energy Catalyst Round 9 – Mid Stage
- Energy Catalyst Round 9 – Late Stage (this strand)
Innovate UK runs many different competitions, and each will have different eligibility and scope requirements. The guidance in this competition brief will always supersede any other guidance. If you are unsure or have any questions, please contact our Customer Support Service who will assist you further.
In applying to this competition, you are entering into a competitive process. This competition closes at 11am UK time on the deadline stated.
Funding type: GrantProject size: Your project’s total costs must be between £50,000 and £5 million.