►Add a New Opportunity
►See all Opportunities
|| International Senior Expert – Support to the Lao PDR National Nutrition Strategy and Plan of Action – Subject to Project Award (Repeat call)
|| Company Description
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation that applies practical knowledge to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our top-notch expertise in agriculture, energy and WASH to local contexts. SNV has over 1250 staff in more than 25 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organisation that uses project financing to implement our mission. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence.
In its new Strategic Plan period (2019 – 2022), SNV will more explicitly aim for structural change and scale in its programmes, as well as bringing knowledge and initiatives from different programmes together at country level to contribute to systems’ change. We will continue to position ourselves as a learning organisation striving for excellence and invest in making knowledge flow to and from the frontline. For more information on SNV, visit our website: www.snv.org
Background of assignment
SNV in Lao PDR is considering providing technical assistance to the Lao PDR National Nutrition Strategy and Plan of Action (NPAN). The project aims to reduce malnutrition in Lao PDR - particularly of women, children and disadvantaged groups- by improving the effectiveness of sector interventions within the context of the National Nutrition Policy and Strategy.
To improve the quality of the National Nutrition Strategy in Laos, SNV is recruiting an International Senior Nutrition Expert.
The International Senior Nutrition Expert will lead the support to the national government and strengthen sector policies and sector strategies. The Expert will be embedded in the National Nutrition Committee Secretariat and will cooperate closely with UNICEF and other stakeholders.
Key Responsibilities (subject to specific ToR)
• Design the set-up of the Nutrition component of the project; identify relevant policy issues in consultation with the NNC-S, UNICEF and the stakeholders; formulate an appropriate plan of action;
• Strengthen the functional relationships between the National Nutrition Committee Secretariat, the Line Ministries, the provincial and district authorities as well as other stakeholders including International Development Partners;
• Build the capacity to develop and disseminate policy papers on relevant subjects, including on gender and cross-cutting issues;
• Manage the resources allocated to the nutrition component of the project;
• Monitor the project performance and ensure that milestones are met in line with donor requirements. Develop mitigation plans if necessary and take corrective action to remedy any deviation from work plan(s);
• Account and report to the donor and consortium partners on programme performance;
• Master’s degree in one of the following fields: nutrition, public health or governance;
• Minimum 10 years of professional experience in nutrition and nutrition-related policy studies;
• Experience in providing high level technical assistance to Ministries of Health for Nutrition Policy
• Proven experience in policy research and policy dialogues in a multi-stakeholder setting;
• Proven experience in developing policy papers in the context of national strategies;
• At least 5 years of professional experience in managing/supporting central and sub-national government authorities in developing, implementing and monitoring their sectoral nutrition plans;
• Experience in SE Asia, preferably in Lao PDR;
• Excellent command of English (speaking and writing);
• Experience implementing EU service contracts is a distinct advantage
Terms of Appointment
• Contract under Dutch legislation with International benefit package
• This position is for an initial two-year period with the possibility of renewal based on performance and funding.
• The position is based in Vientiane Capital, Lao PDR. Vientiane is a family post with excellent educational facilities
Working at SNV
SNV offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. We offer a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and international working environment. Our staff benefits from, and contribute to, an internal and global network of experts. For more information, please visit our website: www.snv.org
We will require that you provide us with full details of three people who are willing to act as a referee. We will not contact these referees without your explicit permission.
How to Apply?
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by uploading your CV (in EuropeAid format) before 31st of January 2021 by clicking on the link: I'm interested'.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Should SNV wish to proceed with your application, two interviews with the Selection Committee will take place.
SNV is an equal opportunities employer and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement -