►Add a New Opportunity
►See all Opportunities
|| Mentorship Program: Energising Women to Advance the Energy Transition
|| GWNET and GIZ
|| To advance the role of women as agents of change, the Global Women’s Network for the Energy Transition (GWNET) in partnership with Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) and on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi), is launching a mentoring programme across select countries under the German bilateral energy partnerships.
The newly launched mentoring programme “Energising Women to Advance the Energy Transition” aims to advance the careers of mid-career women working in the energy transition, and will build upon last year’s regional mentoring programmes for the Latin America and Middle East and North Africa regions.
In particular, the programme aims to:
- Empower women in the energy sector in order to increase women’s representation at managerial and decision-making levels, and ultimately advance the pace of the energy transition,
- Foster social change, facilitate novel ideas and encourage networking, and
- Support participants to develop concrete career goals which they can strategically work towards.
The programme, which is now accepting applications, is also looking for senior professionals working in the energy sector to serve as mentors and support the personal and professional development of participants.
The application criteria for participants are as follows:
- Must be a national from one of the following countries:
- LAC: Brazil, Chile, Mexico
- MENA: Algeria, Jordan, Morocco, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia
- Ethiopia and South Africa
- Must be a woman working in the renewable energy or energy efficiency field
- Must work in a middle management position (5 – 10 years of relevant work experience)