| PLEASE NOTE DEADLINE EXTENSION TO 02 JUNE 2021 16:00 CET. EMAIL ADDRESS FOR SUBMISSION OF BIDS firstname.lastname@example.org
Norwegian Church Aid (NCA) is an international non-government organisation based in Oslo and providing aid to over 20 countries world wide. We are currently seeking to engage a company to provide solar energy solutions in collaboration with our Ethiopia Country Office.
To create inclusive and scalable renewable energy solutions for communities in rural areas in Ethiopia. By this, communities with access to several products, services and knowledge that can contribute to improving lives – economically, socially, environmentally and health wise.
The purpose of this contract is to get into framework agreement with solar product and service provider who have the capacity to provide value addition equipment’s and services that can be used in existing and future NCA Ethiopia solar energy integrated projects.
This framework agreement will be supported by specific project agreement describing the project intention, terms and conditions, responsibilities, and duration of defined project. the specific project will be an integral part of this framework.
Results to be achieved by the firm:
1. Undertake design of various solar powers installations for different types of solar solutions as it required. This may include Off grid/mini grid electric city supply to institutions or community, solar powered water systems, solar powered cooling systems for health facilities, etc.
2. Provide quality solar equipment and services that can consistently fulfil defined requirements over a defined period.
3. Undertake installation and commissioning in close collaboration with NCA and its partners in different locations of NCA project implementation sites in Ethiopia. Also, deliver maintenance and repair services of any solar system application all over the territory of Ethiopia.
4. Provide capacity building to staff (NCA and partner) and communities on solar system operation and maintenance.
5. Provide guidance on methods to reduce power consumption such as insulation, sealing doors and windows, use of low power consumption items.
SCOOPE OF THE WORK
The firm expected to offer all its quality service and products across the country, project by project need bases. This contains provision of robust design of intended solar solutions for NCA Ethiopia projects, supply quality solar equipment and installation services as per the specifications and design approved by NCA and relevant stakeholders, provide training to NCA and Partner staffs & communities, and deliver maintenance & repair services for all solar system applications nation-wide.
The Solar project typology will be based on the need identified by NCA and Its partners, It may include Mini grid with electricity distribution facilities in rural areas, solar powered water systems, solar power street lighting, solar powered cooling in public institutions (health centre, schools, etc), etc. As required, NCA Ethiopia may invite the firm to provide technical support during pre-assessment and feasibility study stage of any solar power integrated projects.
NCA Ethiopia Country Director is responsible to this contact and He will be the person who will the contractor reported to.
This contract will commence on the date of signature of both parties and will serve for five consecutive years. The firm should have a base and trained staff at least in East Africa during the duration of the project implementations.
Full details and the tender dossier can be accessed through the link.