The Project Accountant will ensure proper financial management and accountability for the resources of the EASP project in line with the World Bank regulations and guidelines.
Scope of Services
The Project Accountant will be dedicated to the EASP project, and will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Provide financial technical advice to the Project Manager, PIU
- Maintain the financial and accounting system of the EASP project
- Prepare annual budgets, quarterly forecasts and monthly cash flows for the EASP project activities
- Prepare funds requisitions to the World Bank based upon agreed budgets and work plans
- Oversee the EASP project’s day-to-day financial management processes
- Prepare EASP books of accounts in accordance with Government of Uganda and World Bank accounting regulations and guidelines
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations for the EASP project’s special accounts
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of the EASP project investments and portfolio
- Prepare the annual and semi-annual Financial Statements of the EASP project
- Prepare quarterly budget performance reports to facilitate monitoring and evaluation of the EASP project activities
- Ensure accountability of the EASP project resources
- Coordinate and facilitate internal and external audits for the EASP project activities and implement audit recommendations
- Ensure that the EASP project’s accounting and financial reporting systems are continuously updated in line with established procedures and practice
- Ensure that monthly statutory returns are submitted to the relevant authorities such as PAYE, NSSF and WHT
- Participate in the improvement of the internal control environment of the EASP project as a whole
- Carry out any other duties as assigned by the Project Manager, PIU at UECCC, provided these duties contribute to achieving the development objectives of the EASP project.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- Honours degree in accounting, business administration/commerce/finance or any other related field from a recognized university
- Master’s degree in business administration, accounting, finance or related field from a recognized university.
- Professional Accounting qualification and membership such as ACCA, CPA, CFA and CA will be an added advantage.
- At least five (5) years’ experience in financial management, financial analysis and accounting, three (3) years of which should have been spent in public sector accounting and financial management systems role at a project financed by Development Financial Institutions such as the World Bank, ADB, AFD, JICA, China Exim Bank, SIDA, NORAD, KfW, India Exim Bank, Islamic Development Bank, etc
- A high level of interpersonal and management skills and ability to work with teams in the organisation at all levels
- Must be computer literate, preferably with knowledge of computer accounting packages
This page belongs to the Job Offers database.