Project Manager PGLR+
Project Manager PGLR+
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our top-notch expertise in agriculture, energy and WASH to local contexts. SNV has over 1,300 staff in more than 25 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organisation that uses project financing to implement our mission. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence.
In its new Strategic Plan period (2019 – 2022), SNV will more explicitly aim for systems change during project preparation and implementation by strengthening institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects. We will continue to position ourselves as a premium organisation and invest in making knowledge flow to and from the frontline.
For more information on SNV, visit our website: www.snv.org
Implementation of the projects in the focus sectors, are supported by major cross-cutting issues, such as gender, social inclusion, systems change, results-based financing, grant management and scaling up through mobilization of funding.
A possible (pending funding) second phase of the Accountable Local Governance Program (PGLR 2014-2020) which operates in 180 communes in Mali (Segou, Mopti, Timbuktu and Gao regions) is anticipated. The Program is implemented by a consortium consisting of SNV (Lead Partner), ICCO, OXFAM-NOVIB and Voice4Thought in collaboration with local partners . The PGLR aims to contribute to reducing the gap between citizens and local public institutions that are supposed to represent citizens (an improved social contract), orienting basic services to the needs of citizens and reporting on the transparent use of financial resources. The particularity of the Program is that "its interventions are based on local youth as a social force to claim more accountability at the local public institutions level in order to improve the performance and quality of basic social services. The final evaluation of the PGLR recommends a second phase of the PGLR (PGLR+) taking into account a series of recommendations.
In order to ensure successful implementation of the PGLR+, SNV is seeking to recruit the services of a competent, dynamic and entrepreneurial Project Manager to lead the PGLR program implementation in Mali.
The Project Manager will lead and manage the planning, implementation, and the workforce of the Project, within scope, budget, timeline and acceptable quality levels along the commitments specified in the contracts signed with the donor(s), the consortium and other relevant stakeholders. The Project Manager shall work in line with SNV standards, SNV`s approach to project management and donor regulations, in order to achieve high quality and achieve the agreed results and deliverables of the project.
- Responsible for overall project management activities including planning, budgets, implementation processes, partnership management and results
- Responsible for leading and managing the performance of the local project implementation team;
- Build, strengthen and manage collaborations with governments, key partners, institutions and stakeholders;
- Coordinate the project consortium with the partners;
- Work closely with the Country Management Team, and other consortium staff members.
- Managing Project budget in line with SNV procedures and requirements
- Responsible for all project reporting according to SNV and donor requirements
- Guide knowledge development, documentation and communication and branding in close collaboration with the Consortium staff members;
- Present results and represent the project both internally and externally
- Perform any other duties in line with the position
- Relevant advanced academic qualification at master’s level; a post graduate qualification in project management, is added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible professional experience in the implementation of development projects, particularly in the areas of governance, gender, youth and decentralization;
- 6 (or more years) experience successfully managing in development work, project management and sector(s) in an international, multiple country context,
- Solid experience in the coordination and management of projects, programs, consortia and Steering Committees.
- Proven experience in governance, decentralization and local development
- Proven experience in policy and strategy development in an international organization
- Proven experience in conducting advocacy and influencing actions
- Experience in managing multidisciplinary and multicultural teams
- Solid experience in project management, Experience with managing EKN funded project is a bonus.
- Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation aspects of a project;
- Excellent social and networking skills with different kinds of stakeholders
- Highly motivated self-starter with strong organizational skills who takes individual accountability seriously;
- Strong strategic decision-making and excellent communication skills (written and oral) including reporting and presentation skills;
- Professional fluency in both written and spoken French & preferable English
- Contract under Dutch legislation with International benefit package
- This position is for an initial two-year period with the possibility of renewal based on performance and funding.
- The position is based in Bamako, Mali. Bamako is a family post.
Working at SNV.
SNV offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. We offer a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and international working environment. Our staff benefits from, and contribute to, an internal and global network of experts. For more information, please visit our website: www.snv.org We will require that you provide us with full details of three people who are willing to act as a referee. We will not contact these referees without your explicit permission.
How to Apply?
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by uploading your CV (in EuropeAid format) before 15th of February 2021 by clicking on the link: I'm interested'.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Should SNV wish to proceed with your application, two interviews with the Selection Committee will take place.
SNV is an equal opportunities employer and female candidates are encouraged to apply.- We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement -
This page belongs to the Job Offers database.