| Company Description
SNV is an international development organisation that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our expertise in agriculture, energy and WASH to local contexts. SNV has annual revenues of over €130 million, and 1300 staff working in 25 countries across Asia, Africa and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organisation that uses project financing to implement our mission.
Over the last 5 years SNV has successfully transitioned from an organisation dependent on core funding from the Dutch Government, to one that successfully competes for project funding from a range of donors and partners, including the Dutch Government, FCDO, the EU, SDC, SIDA and USAID. To augment our staffing and expertise in the Business Development (BD) team and global sector (technical) teams, we are now looking to strengthen our expert search and recruitment capability as we pursue more competitive tenders and larger awards.
SNV is now looking to hire a Proposal Recruitment Specialist to work with our BD and HR teams and support expert search and recruitment across SNV operations in 25 countries. The core of the assignment is to establish a global expert recruitment capability and ensure SNV sources the best talent for upcoming projects in Agriculture, Energy and WASH.
The Proposal Recruitment Specialist will lead in providing strategic guidance and hands-on recruitment services to support SNV’s BD efforts. This role will support recruitment efforts on upcoming and live bids for Team Leaders, Key Experts and other key project staff:
- Lead on the recruitment of senior positions (international Team Leaders, Project Managers, Key Experts and Non-Key Experts) for tender and proposal submissions with European bilateral donors including FCDO, SDC, SIDA and the Dutch Government.
- Build effective relationships and work closely with Senior BD Managers and the BD team to understand and identify staffing requirements, team compositions, advising and deciding on the best approach to source best-in-class candidates.
- Actively headhunt and source candidates, draft advertisements if required, prepare Job Descriptions, screen CVs and arrange and conduct interviews. Prepare and negotiate remuneration packages with selected candidates in line with budgets, and prepare contract offers.
- Support drafting of CVs, staff profiles and staffing sections of proposals in response to client requirements, working closely with bid managers and prospect teams. Assist prospect teams in developing project staffing plans to meet proposal and tender requirements.
- Ensure compliance with SNV’s global HR policy, procedures, and contracting options, working with global HR colleagues and provide guidance, support and advice as needed. Support the development of internal and external talent pools.
- Advise and contribute to strengthening SNV’s recruitment capability by developing new internal recruitment tools, systems and processes. Provide training to the BD team on approaches, techniques, and tool on sourcing of Key Experts for competitive tenders.
Degree in international development or in a development related field;
Solid track record in an international recruiting role, having had responsibility for headhunting, interviewing and hiring for senior positions.
Several years of experience in expert search and recruiting for large, complex and high-value tenders and projects in the international development sector.
Exceptional relations management skills with a track record of developing effective relationships with stakeholders at all levels in a matrixed environment.
Familiar with on-line social media recruitment tools and techniques (such as LinkedIn) to source candidates for project proposals.
Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English (and French strongly desirable).
Strong social, inter-personal and networking skills.
Contract Type: Employment Contract (NL) or national contract with one of our Country offices.
Location: Preferably in the Netherlands but depending on current place of residence of qualifying candidates open to discuss other locations
Contract Duration :Two (2) years with possibility of extension
Expected Start Date: September 2021
Working at SNV
SNV offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. We offer a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and international working environment.
For more information, please visit: www.snv.org
How to Apply
If you believe your credentials meet the profile, we invite you to apply by uploading your CV and motivation letter by clicking the ‘I’m interested’ button in SmartRecruiters no later than 2nd July 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply
Should SNV wish to proceed with your application, two interviews with the Selection Committee will take place.
We will require that you provide us with full details of three people who are willing to act as a referee. We will not contact these referees without your explicit permission.
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement