Sector Leader Energy Vietnam
Sector Leader Energy Vietnam
- Viet Nam
SNV is a mission-driven global development partner working in more than 20 countries across Africa and Asia. Building on 60 years of experience and grounded in the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, we work on the core themes of gender equality and social inclusion, climate adaptation and mitigation, and strong institutions and effective governance. Together with our team of over 1,600 people, our mission is to strengthen capacities and catalyse partnerships that transform the agri-food, energy, and water systems, which enable sustainable and more equitable lives for all. Our core values of people-centeredness and respect, equity and equality, and diversity and inclusion, are fundamental to who we are, and what we do. This is reflected in our vision and mission, and strategy, which sets out our aspirations and commitments as our compass towards 2030. For more information on SNV, please refer to our website: www.snv.org SNV Vietnam SNV has established its presence in Vietnam for over 25 years, actively engaging across the agri-food, water, and renewable energy sectors. The biogas programme (2003-2020) is one of the flagship initiatives of the energy sector in the country, which helped to develop a biogas market and a rooted technical knowledge across local masons and government officials at provincial and national level; but also experienced in clean and improved cook stoves, biomass-energy research, and off-grid electrification. In view of Vietnam’s considerable investment in the transition towards a green economy, SNV foresees expanding its footprint in the just energy transition and waste-to-energy solutions. For more detailed information about our Vietnam office and projects, please visit our website: https://www.snv.org/country/vietnam.
Are you ready to drive innovation and lead transformative change in Vietnam's energy sector? SNV is seeking a dynamic and visionary Sector Leader to spearhead our Energy portfolio in the country. This is a chance to shape the future of sustainable energy solutions in one of Southeast Asia's most dynamic economies. As the Sector Leader Energy, you'll be at the forefront of SNV's mission, leading, managing, and overseeing our impactful projects in Vietnam's energy landscape. As a key representative of SNV's interests in the Energy sector, you'll play a pivotal role in shaping policy, forging strategic partnerships, and driving the adoption of clean energy technologies across the region by engaging with government entities, donors/clients, and other key partners, while also serving as a core member of the SNV Vietnam Country Management Team. You will report directly to the Country Director and maintaining a direct functional line with the Global Energy Sector Head. Your responsibilities include:
- Positioning and Strategic Leadership: You'll be the driving force behind our Energy portfolio, working closely with government entities, donors, and key stakeholders to align our efforts with SNV's global energy strategy.
- Sector Expertise: Provides valuable sector and country-specific insights, and effectively managing subcontractors and consortium partners.
- Innovative Projects: Get ready to lead initiatives like our biogas – ESCO pilot for mid-large livestock farms and country-wide small-farmers’ biogas support project. You'll manage implementation, ensuring our projects make a lasting impact on communities and the environment.
- Knowledge Cultivation: Drives organizational learning by maintaining and updating the sector knowledge agenda, facilitating knowledge exchange, and ensuring effective communication and collaboration with donors.
- Cross-Sector Collaboration: Collaboration is key! You'll work hand-in-hand with colleagues in SNV's Agri-food and Water sectors, leveraging synergies and maximizing impact in Vietnam's climate space.
- People Leadership: Empowerment starts with you! You'll guide and inspire our team of experts, fostering a culture of innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning.
- Business Development: From cultivating relationships to proposals, you'll be instrumental in securing resources for future projects and exploring new opportunities in climate funding and renewable energy innovations.
- Proficiency level equivalent to a master’s degree in energy, sustainable development, or a related discipline.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in energy sector development, including program design, project implementation and policy advisory.
- Deep understanding and leadership capacity in steering diverse energy sector activities, including strategic country-level approaches.
- Proficiency in private sector engagement, and de-risking for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs).
- Expertise in Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) and learning, addressing large-scale monitoring challenges, and assessing external verifiers, utilizing platforms such as LogAlto and ACFO.
- Proficient in proposal development with a focus on innovative financing (blended finance), gender equality, and social inclusion.
- Understanding of the basic principles behind inducing climate mitigation and the carbon market.
- Fluency in written and spoken English, with excellent communication skills to represent SNV internationally.
- Experience working in an international context, preferably in Southeast Asia.
To be successful in this role, you also bring:
- Passion for Impact and Strategic Vision: Driven by a desire to create positive change, you're committed to leaving a lasting impact in Vietnam's energy sector. Your strategic vision enables you to craft innovative solutions that drive progress and sustainability.
- Collaborative Spirit and Leadership Excellence: Thriving in cross-functional environments, you inspire others to reach their full potential and drive impactful results through effective leadership and collaboration.
- Conceptual Thinking: You excel in analysing complex situations and crafting effective solutions with insight and clarity.
- Results-Driven Mindset: Prioritizing tangible outcomes and high-quality standards, you foster a culture of continuous improvement and excellence.
- Entrepreneurial Mindset: Embracing innovation, you identify opportunities for growth and development, driving forward-thinking initiatives within the organization.
- Adaptability and Flexibility: Display adaptability and flexibility in developing and implementing new approaches to effectively navigate the dynamic landscape of the country context.
- Contract Type: Full time
- Duty Station: Hanoi, Vietnam
- Contract Duration: Two years contract, with strong possibility of extension
- Expected Start Date: As soon as possible
- Travel: Frequently to project locations in the country (approximately 25%)
How to Apply If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by uploading your CV and a letter of motivation before/on the 20th of February. Please submit your application only via Smart Recruiters. All information will be processed in the strictest confidence. If we see that your experience and skills match the requirements of the position, we will contact you to advise you of the next steps in the recruitment process. Should SNV wish to proceed with your application, two interviews with a Selection Committee will take place.
- SNV is an equal opportunities employer and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Working at SNV SNV offers a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment. Our staff benefit from, and contribute to, an internal and global network of experts. Vetting. SNV carries out rigorous background and reference checks concerning possible safeguarding incidents for all candidates applying for International determined positions. As SNV participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme, all reference checks include a request to past employers to fill in a questionnaire regarding Misconduct (sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, or sexual harassment), the “Statement of Conduct". This Statement of Conduct adopts the definitions used in the Scheme.
- We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement.
This page belongs to the Job Offers database.