|| The Clean Cooking Alliance
The Clean Cooking Alliance (CCA) works with a global network of partners to build an inclusive industry that makes clean cooking accessible to the three billion people who live each day without it. Established in 2010, the Alliance is driving consumer demand, mobilizing investment to build a pipeline of scalable businesses, and fostering an enabling environment that allows the sector to thrive. Clean cooking transforms lives by improving health, protecting the climate and environment, empowering women, and helping consumers save time and money. In alignment with the Sustainable Development Goals, CCA is working to achieve universal access to clean cooking by 2030.
The Government Engagement Specialist– Haiti, Clean Cooking Alliance will report directly to the Country Director – Haiti, Clean Cooking Alliance. The Government Engagement Specialist will lead on the government engagement aspect of the project and support the Country Director with the general management of the Project, including financial accountability, staffing, work planning, and reporting.
- Lead in the day-to-day management of the government engagement aspect of the Project, including meetings with stakeholders, work planning, trainings, communications and reporting;
- Lead the implementation of the Project’s policy work in collaboration with CCA’s policy team;
- Lead the organization and facilitation of in-country workshops/consultations for government and other stakeholder engagement and education;
- Lead CSO and government engagements to develop gender-sensitive policy frameworks, identify gender-balanced advocacy and technical groups, and provide advocacy support to women’s organizations;
- Lead efforts to deepen the inputs and active and effective participation of gender champions and women’s organizations at the enabling environment level;
- Identify issues and risks related to the Project’s policy implementation in a timely manner and make appropriate adjustments in collaboration with the Country Director and the Washington D.C.-based team;
- Facilitate ongoing relationship building with relevant government agencies and other local stakeholders, particularly women’s organizations and CSOs; and
- Identify and/or establish, and participate in key working groups, committees, and networks in Haiti and the region to foster collaboration and strong working relationships with organizations, governments and other stakeholders.
- Represent the Project team at meetings and conferences as needed;
- Support annual work plan and progress report preparation, and monitor implementation;
- Address and proactively identify problems and challenges, and adapt to evolving institutional, financial, and political realities on the ground;
- Other duties as assigned.
We seek applicants with an interest in and ability to proactively manage multiple requests and jump in where needed. We seek candidates who can cultivate effective working relationships with people, internally and externally, from a wide variety of types of organizations, cultural backgrounds, and areas of expertise.
Most of all, we are seeking the following qualities which are fundamental to success, including:
- Advanced degree in a field of study relevant to the Project is preferred;
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience working on areas relevant to the Project, with Haiti-specific experience being highly desirable;
- Significant government engagement experience related to: (1) complex project development and management, particularly in developing countries, (2) grant-making, including review, monitoring, and evaluation of grants, (3) fundraising, including development of proposals and budgets, monitoring and reporting, and
- Experience working with relevant Haitian government institutions and donor agencies;
- Ability to diplomatically work with partners from a broad range of backgrounds and experiences;
- Knowledge of the political, social, cultural, environmental, and development context of Haiti strongly preferred;
- Demonstrated leadership and experience on multi-disciplinary teams and in various international settings is a plus;
- Ability to frequently travel within Haiti and internationally;
- Must be comfortable in high-level representational role as well as interacting with beneficiaries;
- Ability to build and maintain strong and effective relationships across multiple stakeholders;
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills in English, French, and Haitian Creole;
- Personal commitment to Clean Cooking Alliance and UN Foundation’s vision.
To apply, click here