Overview: South African Air Quality information System
Find here the relevant data for South Africa:
About South African Air Quality information System
The South African Air Quality Information System (SAAQIS), provides a common platform for managing air quality information in South Africa. It makes data available to stakeholders including the public and provides a mechanism to ensure uniformity in the way air quality data is managed i.e. captured, stored, validated, analysed and reported on in South Africa.
The SAAQIS aims to:
- Ensure that air quality information management and reporting requirements directed or implied by the National Environmental Management: Air Quality Act, Act 37 of 2004 (NEM:AQA) are efficiently and effectively met.
- Ensure that air quality management decisions, interventions, activities and actions are informed by accurate, current and complete information.
- Ensure that accurate, current, complete and relevant air quality information is available to all stakeholders and the public.
- Provide all South African’s with information on the state of their air quality and the status of efforts to progressively ensure their right to air that is not harmful to health and well-being.
Improving the availability of air quality information facilitates transparency in processes, informs decision making, and helps build capacity. In achieving the objectives of the SAAQIS, the South African Weather Service (SAWS) is the relevant custodian of the SAAQIS.
Air Quality Index
| Very Unhealthy
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 https://saaqis.environment.gov.za/
- ↑ https://saaqis.environment.gov.za/home/text/57