Please feel free to post your requests and questions in the list below or within one of our groups.
If there's an article that you think should be on the wiki that is not, the you can create a New Article!
List of Wanted Topics and Questions
What Topics are Relevant but Still Missing on energypedia?
What would you like to know and read on energypedia? List all topics that you find interesting:
mini-grids: what aspects are still missing?
Concept of Energy Ladder vs. fuel-stacking model
Energy and Climate change - how are those topics correlated?
- What are the differenet types of energy related campaigns and initiatives? Do we have a list of all of them? (Find a list for ICS)
- What is the role of product design in people's purchasing decisions?
- To which degree to people retain and continue to use traditional systems (dry-cell batteries, mobile phone charging services, kerosene lanterns) even after purchasing a picoPV system?
- Is the presence of or belief in a high-quality after-sales service a decisive argument for the purchasing decision?
- How do people assess quality of picoPV products? Do they read and understand labels?
- What is the experience with locally-assembled systems? What impacts does this have on businesses and the local economy?
- To what extent is picoPV used for productive use? Does it lead to an increase in income?
Do you know about any studies and/or statistical data available regarding causal chains of impact theories? Start a new article or simply send us information via email!
- Do children, especially girls, go to school more often after the introduction of efficient cookstoves, or do they have to do other work during the saved time?
- Is firewood collection a decisive factor for not sending children to school?
- Who uses electricity in schools after sunset?
- Income & access to finance
- Does the supply of energy increase the economic situation of an entire village or only of a few individuals?
- What is the income of actors in the value chain of different technologies?
- What types of entrepreneurs suffer the most/the least from lack of energy access?
- What types of jobs are destroyed?
- How does the increasing reliance on micro-finance and banking impact communities?
- What is the impact of the picoPV trade on the market for candles and kerosene lamps?
- Does more lights and warm water lead to better hygiene?
- To what extent are emissions and exposure from kerosene lamps reduced through solar lamps?
- Energy usage & society
- How much energy is wasted or not used in the case of electricity flatrates? What is the impact of flatrates?
- What is the effect of different tariff systems on the social cohesion of the village?
- What is the impact of some people having access and others not within a community, for example to grids, mini-grids or solar?
- What is the impact of mobile phone charging / access to communication by picoPV systems? Is this impact comparable to the impact of traditional, grid-based electrification?
- What impacts do different tariff systems have on the economic viability of a mini-grid?
Recent Questions and New Articles concerning Relevant Topics on energypedia
How to other countries formulate the legal texts to lift import duties for solar products?
Are there already experiences with Solar-Biogas Hybrid Power Generation Systems?
What is the current state for off-grid appliance markets?
How is the milk transported from small scale farmers to the markets? Is there an option with solar energy?
How do energy-poor people getaccess to finance? What different types of approaches are there?
Is access to electricity linked to the development of productive use of electricity?
What steps do projects have in mind when developing energy projects in refugee contexts?
What are the market trends for picoPV?
How do Governments decide what type of support mechanism works better: feed-in tariffs, or auctions, or both?
What does the "Energiewende" (energy transistion) mean for developing countries?
What are the advantages and disadvantages for PAYGO approaches?
What type of support mechanisms are there for hydropower: where do I find an overview for governments?
Micro hydro turbine performance: How to calculate efficiency variation with respect to head change?
Will more coal end energy poverty?
Is bigger always best in renewable energy?
- Economies of scales have their limits, and it depends more on who will own the power stations: Experiences from the USA.
What are inclusive distribution strategies of different energy access initiatives?
What are the economic costs of air pollution?
Affordability of grid connections: How much would it cost to make electricity affordable to all people for society? What does it cost to be connected to the grid for individuals? Which measure of grid-electricity poverty, if any, is best correlated with access?
How does the global tracking framework looks like?
What types of risks are involved implementing an energy access project?
Can we use cashew shells to generate electricity? Are there experiences?
What is the permissible voltage drop in rural area distribution network?
Do hydro power plants protect the catchment areas and improve flood prevention?