If you have any problem adding references in your browser, please switch to Firefox.
Add References Within Your Article
Adding References Within the Text
References are a must for every single article as they make an article reliable. Thus, every article on energypedia should have a list of references.
-> Learn more about the guidelines for writing a good article.
-> Learn more about how to cite energypedia on external platforms
1. Open the article in edit mode.
2. Click on the icon "Ref" highlighted by a red square in the figure below.
3. A pop up menu will appear. Insert your reference text in the pop up menu. Please insert the same text in the "Reference text (Wikitext)" as well as the "Reference name (optional)" field.This will make sure that a reference which is used multiple times in the article will appear only once in the reference list.
4. Click "ok" .A reference icon will now appear in your text.
After adding the references within the text, it is also important to get a list of references at the bottom of the text. To get a reference list, please follow the following steps:
1. Add a new heading “References” at the bottom of the article.
2. Click on the icon "References"in the toolbar and the little yellow box "'<References>" will appear.
3. Save the page and a list of references will appear.
If you want to edit footnotes or references afterwards, just doubleclick on the reference icon within the text. A pop up menu as shown in Step 3 (above) will show. Make the necessary changes and click on "OK".