Conference Documentation - Friday, March 1st
Block III: Parallel Research Presentation Sessions
9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
E-PSS: Turning Good Ideas Into Sustainable Energy Solutions
Block IV: Parallel Research Presentation Sessions
11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
The Impacts of Electricity
Facing the Operational Challenges of Mini-grids
Teaching Technology Tools: Building a Global Energy Laboratory
Business Models for Solar-Based Rural Electrification
Block V: Parallel Research Presentation Sessions
3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Energy SME Financing
In cooperation with SBI
- SBI & MEI: Exploring Energy SME Financing in Developing and Emerging Countries (Download)
- New Ventures: Energy SME Financing Challenges and Innovative Financing Instruments (Download)
- Invested Development: Short Fund Overview (Download)
The Complexity of Cleaner Cookstoves: Challenges ranging from Improving Livelihoods to Managing Carbon Credits
- Kirchhoff: MES Swarm Electricity Concept for MES2013 (Download)
Knowledge Management and Transfer for Microenergy Systems – Crossing Borders Worldwide
In cooperation with energypedia
- energypedia: Energypedia connecting knowledge for a sustainable future (Download)
Closing Session "Rethinking Power: Designing an Energy System for Peace and Sustainability"
5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
5:30 p.m.: Prof. Dr. Dr. Franz Josef Radermacher
(Expert in the field of socio-ecological market economy, one of the co-founder of the Global Marshall Plan Initiative and Professor for Informatics at Ulm University)
Closing Panel Discussion
in cooperation with NaturwissenschaftlerInnen-Initiative - Verantwortung für Frieden und Zukunftsfähigkeit e.V. (NatWiss)
- Christine Wörlen, Expert in the field of renewable energy policies and energy systems integration in the global south and north
- Diarra Mahamadou Karamoko, Mali Folkecenter, Mali, and Expert in development and financing of renewable energy enterprises in Mali
- Reiner Braun, Executive Board at the German Scientists Association for Peace and Sustainability (NatWiss) and the Managing Director of the Federation of German Scientists (FGS)
Moderation: Noara Kebir, Managing Director at MicroEnergy International
7:30 p.m.: Prof. Dr. Martina Schäfer and Students of the Postgraduate Program Microenergy Systems
MES 2013 Program