Conference Documentation - Thursday, February 28th
Block I: Parallel Research Presentation Sessions
Microenergy-Systems (MES) & Agriculture
11:15 a.m. - 13:30 p.m.
Potential Analysis of Microenergy Systems
MES in Infrastructure Planning – The Challenge of Decentralization
The Potential of Mini Grids and Critical Factors
- Abdullah: An Objectives Analysis for Improved Holistic Design of a Rural Electrification System (Download)
- Breyer: Comprehensive Country Ranking for Renewable Energy Based Mini-Grids (Download)
- Palit: Designing a Sustainable Model for Financial Viability of Decentralized Bio-fuel based Power Projects (Download)
The Role of Energy in Development Processes
- Groh: The role of energy in development process (Download)
Block II: Parallel Research Presentation Sessions
Transition to Renewable Energies through Mini Grids
- Bertheau: Geographic analysis of isolated diesel mini-grids for the implementation of renewable energies (Download)
- Koirala: Interconnected Mini-Grids for Rural Energy Transition (Download)
- Mehta: Providing access to clean, reliable and affordable power to the poor in Bihar (India) through Solar Micro Grids (Download)
- Sonnberger: Consumers' Perception of Photovoltaic Systems (Download)
Storage and Simulation
Is there a Role for Microfinance in Decentralized Energy Supply?
- Sicat: Is There a Role for Microfinance (Download)
Market Place & Networking Place
5:15 p.m.: Prof. Dr. Martina Schäfer, TU Berlin
5:20 p.m.: Klaus Töpfer: "Rethinking Science: Energy Research & Sustainable Development"
Evening Panel Discussion
7:30 p.m.: "Rethinking Remoteness – Access to Energy in Rural Areas and Megacities"
Moderation: Sebastian Groh, Postgraduate Program Microenergy Systems, TU Berlin