9. Contract Supplier
In a final step, the best system provider needs to be selected based on cost-quality considerations. In a meeting of the producer, the agricultural service provider and the shortlisted candidates, the following topics should be addressed:
- detailed presentation of offer and the SPIS experience by provider;
- explanation of design procedure and tools to be used (e.g. computer-based sizing);
- product quality and safety certificates;
- warranty, after-sale services and spare part supply (e.g. maintenance contracts);
- final negotiation on price, if required;
- implementation schedule;
- contract details and payment conditions.
The contract should only be concluded once all open questions have been clarified.
In the negotiations with the supplier it is important to:
- define your goals;
- identify negotiation areas;
- look for win-win situations;
- make realistic proposals;
- clear up misunderstandings;
- make a final summary.
- Ultimate quality provider with the best cost-quality ratio;
- Supply contract, including after- sale services.
- Technical and financial quotations / offers;
- Shortlisted candidates;
- Structured comparison of qualified bids;
- Clarification of open questions during negotiation.
- Agricultural service providers;
- Suppliers / system integrators.
- Quotations / offers often deviate from technical specifications;
- Significant differences exist between bidders in terms of services and warranty.
- Implementation scheduling needs to be firm and agreed upon.
- Negotiate with the supplier.