News from the Mozambique Off-grid Knowledge Hub
We are happy to share the September edition of the Mozambique Off-grid Knowledge Hub News!
The Mozambique Off-grid Knowledge Hub offers a wealth of information on the energy situation, RE potential, policy and regulatory framework as well as on actors involved in the Mozambican energy sector.
You can also browse through sub-hubs on solar energy, cooking energy and productive use of energy (focused on solar powered irrigation systems) to understand the market landscape and the opportunities/challenges for private sector engagement in each technology markets. A sub-hub on nano and mini-grids will be available soon.
Please send us your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
What's new on the Mozambique Off-grid Knowledge Hub
Writing Contest Winners Announced!Energypedia and AMER are happy to announce the winners of the writing contest, titled ''Energy Minds: Writing Content in Renewable Energy”. After careful consideration and evaluation, the jury announced the following three winners:
- 1st prize: Avaliação do Potencial Eólico Para Implementação De Um Gerador Eólico Do Tipo Evance R9000 by Salomão Arrone Dombole
- 2nd prize: Energias renováveis como solução para electrificação nas comunidades rurais na perspectiva de sustentabilidade, confiabilidade e segurança, by Chadido Diogo
- 3rd prize: Tipos de combustíveis para cozinha utilizados em Moçambique, o seu preço e impacto nas famílias, bem como no ambiente (por exemplo, lenha, carvão,..) by Stela Miabo
Congratulations to the winners and a huge thank to you to everyone for being a part of this contest and making it a success!
Click here for all other submissions.
Call for Case Studies on Nano and Mini-grids
Do you run a project or company focused on nano or mini-grids in Mozambique? We would like to feature your case study on energypedia's Mozambique Off-Grid Knowledge Hub! By sharing technological aspects, approaches and results of your activities, you contribute to more learning opportunities in the sector. In return, your project will receive recognition and will be shared to a wider audience via the hub, social media, and webinars.
Send us an email at [email@example.com] and tell us about your project. Visit our Case Study Info Page for more information and easy-to-use templates!
- Register on energypedia to contribute your knowledge and expertise to the Hub
- Engage in our practitioner group by posting and answering questions
- Visit our Help portal in English or Portuguese and learn how to work on energypedia to start sharing your expertise!
- Share and showcase your project’s lessons learned, knowledge and experience by emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will feature your case study on the Mozambique Off-grid Energy Hub. Visit our Case Study Info Page for more information.
- Join our Facebook or LinkedIn groups to connect with the Mozambique RE community!
Have a Question?Are you seeking advice from other Mozambican energy experts? Do you have a special question, challenge or observation you would like to discuss? Share it with the energypedia practitioner community and start exchanging knowledge! Please create an account and log in to add your questions or reply to already posted questions. Alternatively, post your question in our Facebookor LinkedIn groups.
Market Dialogue: Building a Participatory and Inclusive Marketplace for Sustainable Energy Solutions in Displacement Settings, 29 September 2022
This webinar will discuss innovative solutions to improve access to clean energy in displacement settings with a special focus on Mozambique. It is organized by IOM in partnership with NORCAP.
Find more information here.
Save the Date: Business Conference – Renewables in Mozambique, 7-8 Dec 2022
Participants will have first-hand access to information on new developments and business opportunities in the renewable energy sector in Mozambique as well as the possibility to meet in person with key stakeholders and find partners. The conference is organized by Lusophone Renewable Energy Association (ALER), Mozambican Renewable Energy Association (AMER) and Alliance for Rural Electrification (ARE) - with the support of GET.invest Mozambique.
Find more information here.
Missed our Webinars? Watch them Now!
Are you interested in renewable energy sector information, practical experience and helpful market insights? Find here the full documentation of our webinars on clean cooking, solar powered irrigation, and SHS in Mozambique.
- Call for Research Proposals, 30 September
- Off-grid Technician, 18 October
- Do you have a vacancy? Share it on our job database at no cost!
Publications available on energypedia
Did you recently publish a report or a study about renewable energy and energy access in Mozambique? Have you found one in the internet? Add it to our publication database to make it widely known among energy experts interested in Mozambique!
Find here a list of recent relevant publications about renewable energy and energy access in Mozambique.
Previous News Editions
Click here to read the July 2022 edition
Click here to read the May 2022 edition
Click here to read the April 2022 edition
Click here to read the March 2022 edition
Click here to read the February 2022 edition
Click here to read the January 2022 edition
Click here to read the December 2021 edition