Energy Solutions for Displacement Settings
The Energy Solutions for Displacement Settings (SUN-ESDS) is a component of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) commissioned Global SUN Programme with UNHCR. The Global Programme supports UNHCR in facilitating the operationalisation of the Global Compact on Refugees (GCR) in the Humanitarian-Development-Peace (HDP) Nexus.
The SUN-ESDS project contributes to UNHCR’s Clean Energy Challenge with the aim to support UNHCR technically and strategically on the implementation of its energy strategy 2019-2025, which aims to enable refugees, host communities and people of concern to meet their energy needs in a safe and sustainable way. The project works on innovative energy approaches and disseminates lessons learnt from measures implemented in three pilot countries.
Greening UNHCR Infrastructure
- General: Corinna Toelzer
- Market-Based Energy Access: Nishchay Mehrotra
- Electrification: Lucas Kuerten
- UNHCR Infrastructure Solarisation: Alessandra Knappertsbusch
- Energy Policy: Nishchay Mehrotra
- E-Waste/Gender: Lucas Kuerten
- Uganda: Bettina Bäsch Ssemwaka
- Ethiopia: Elias Getachew
- Kenya: Valerie Ostheimer
Internal GuideYou can find information about how to create/link project related information on the ESDS page here.
- Promoting Productive Use of Electricity in Displacement settings.pdf
- Promoting Productive Use of Electricity in Displacement settings
- Ewaste Value Chain in Humanitarian Settings
- Role of Energy Policies in Shaping Energy Access Dialogue in Displacement Contexts
- Access to Energy for Cooking in Displacement Settings
- Energy Efficiency in Humanitarian Organization Infrastructure
- Workshop on Participatory Design Processes for Energy Projects Planning and Implementation