Vertically Integrated Climate Policies (VICLIM)
Click on the map and read more about VICLIM’s support in its partner countries Mexico, Costa Rica, South Africa, Indonesia, Georgia
<img class="illu" src="https://energypedia.info/images/a/ab/VICLIM_Startpage_Map_ohne_B.png" alt="Click on the map and read more about VICLIM’s support in its partner countries Mexico, Costa Rica, South Africa, Indonesia, Georgia" width="100%">
Vertically Integrated Climate Policies (VICLIM) is a global programme working in five partner countries: Mexico, Costa Rica, South Africa, Indonesia and Georgia. The programme aims at strengthening capacities of climate relevant decision makers and institutions to include sub-national mitigation potential into an ambitious national climate policy. To this end, framework conditions for enhancing sub-national mitigation efforts in partner countries are being improved, existing municipal approaches are being supported and expanded, and international learning processes initiated. The programme is being implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH and funded through the International Climate Initiative (IKI) of the German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU).
- Check out the programme's products and lessons learnt in Mexico.
- Read more about experiences in mainstreaming of climate change at local level.
- Follow in detail how the Municipal Climate Change Programme of Puerto Vallarta was developed (only in Spanish).
- Read here, how the Costa Rican government gets the municipalities on board by a system of recognition of the municiplaities' efforts in GHG emissions reduction.
- Check out the programme's lessons learnt here.
- Read more about vertical integration of Energy Efficiency Programmes in South Africa.
- Have a glimpse on the transformation of mitigation action planning to an integrated low carbon development planning approach in Indonesia and its provinces.
- Look into the country's efforts towards better Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting (MER) of mitigation actions across levels of government.
- Get more information about VICLIM's work in Georgia.
Collaborative Climate Action