Tuesday, Oct 26, 14:00-15:30 PM CEST
International Conference on Renewable Energy Development & Applications for a Sustainable Agriculture (RE & Agri)
Workshop: Sustainable Energy Use in the Agriculture and Food Industry
On the second day of the conference, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH organized a workshop on the use of renewable energy in agriculture and food processing. The presentations can be downloaded further below; three GIZ projects presented and engaged in the workshop:
- 1. DMS: The project “Developing the solar energy market”, that coordinated and moderated the workshop, outlined the business potentials in the developing solar energy market in Tunisia.
- 2. HERA: The programme "Poverty-oriented Basic Energy Services" presented worldwide potentials and challenges of smallholder agriculture.
- 3. PAEGC: Supported by the GIZ, the programme "Powering Agriculture: An Energy Grand Challenge for Development" presented its Second Global Innovation Call which is designed to source innovative technologies and business models at the intersection of clean energy and agriculture and incited the audience to profit from knowledge sharing on Energypedia.
|08:30-10:45||Introduction and Presentations|
1. Market development of solar energy in Tunisia
2. Basis Energy Services (GIZ/HERA)
3. Powering Agriculture (GIZ/USAID/Sida/OPIC/DukeEnergy)
|10:45-13:00||Discussion at the three information desks|
The information desks of the three projects offered the opportunity for all participants to inform themselves further and to foster future collaborations.